Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who are all these "Assist Admins" ?

Hybrid View

HYBR|D

Who are all these "Assist Admins" ?

So as the title suggest's, i'm curious to know whom all these new staff people are? and why did quinstreet see it profitable to remove Joe when he was doing an already fine job? I mean 1person managing all those forums and doing an awesome job.

And now they have to assign a heap of people round teh office to man the controls? i heard that half you new admins don't even have qualifications and are only to check in once everynow n again. Pretty much let the forum/s idle & operate with no 1 at the controls? Is that a safe/wise thing to do? Considering the general user-base here?

also when are you people going to introduce yourself's round here?

i swear we are harmless.

HYBR|D
    P.S i'm not trying to come off bluntly, just curious why it's taking so long to hear what's up?

UA549 and I have been with Internet.com for 10+ years... Just on other sites. We co-admin a total of 11 sites out of about 30 that Quintstreet owns.

We're here to assist the moderators and do what we can.... Unlike Joe (JPnyc) we're volunteers

i heard that half you new admins don't even have qualifications.
    Qualifications to do what?
    Since no one here knows us, I really can't comment on the rumor mill or how it began....

Quote Originally Posted by HYBR|D View Post
    P.S i'm not trying to come off bluntly, just curious why it's taking so long to hear what's up?
    "taking so long"? We were assigned this task 3 days ago. Our presence was announced to the Moderators at that time. Unlike Joe or other employees who were here as part of their job, we are volunteers with an outside life. The post counts simply don't support having a full time employee monitor the 11 sites.

That said, Steve and I are happy to be here.

HYBR|D
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    UA549 and I have been with Internet.com for 10+ years... Just on other sites. We co-admin a total of 11 sites out of about 30 that Quintstreet owns.

We're here to assist the moderators and do what we can.... Unlike Joe (JPnyc) we're volunteers

Qualifications to do what?
    Since no one here knows us, I really can't comment on the rumor mill or how it began....
    Thanks Steve, i already knew most of your history. Just more curious about all these new "Admins" that have been idle since being assigned beside's mnstrgrl.

The qualification part is that looking at the new admins, most of them are just general pen pushers in the office and really don't have experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ua549 View Post
    "taking so long"? We were assigned this task 3 days ago. Our presence was announced to the Moderators at that time. Unlike Joe or other employees who were here as part of their job, we are volunteers with an outside life. The post counts simply don't support having a full time employee monitor the 11 sites.

That said, Steve and I are happy to be here.
    Why has it taken a long period to assign new places? I would of assumed the boss's would of already had replacements ready to pick up the slack before removing people that were responsible for the day2day running of 25+ forums, and not let a few of the forums idle on cruise control so to speak.

the low post/visitor ratio is more to do with the owners not knowing how to market this place, there have been numerous requests to change small things around here and we found the owners were not willing to do anything. except attempt to push more advertisements into our faces.

members have grown bored of AO and moved onto greener pasture's or simply moved away from the comp.sec field. Outside life's also came into play most of us have family's now and work long hours.

Not to mention social website's eg:> facebook etc are growing more & more popular and technical website's like AO are a dying breed.

so curious what are the future plans for AO? if any?

Quote Originally Posted by HYBR|D View Post
    Why has it taken a long period to assign new places? I would of assumed the boss's would of already had replacements ready to pick up the slack before removing people that were responsible for the day2day running of 25+ forums, and not let a few of the forums idle on cruise control so to speak.
    so curious what are the future plans for AO? if any?
    Simply stated we volunteers are not part of management and have neither insight into the higher level management decision process nor plans for the future. We are as curious as you are. I'd posit that forums are a minor player in Quinn Street's revenue stream where the content is the king.

HYBR|D
    Also you guy's might want to boost your AP (Reputation) level's higher, simply because we wouldn't want another Intmon incident.

he made he's intro thread, and for ****'s n giggles a few members used the AntiPoint / Reputation system to auto-ban an Admin. was indeed a memorable day.

Banned
    I've been saying for years how their nothing but a bunch of domain squatters. Apparently you still don't get that...

Hi Steve, and welcome to AO................

So you have a day job then?.............care to tell us who it is with?............

Reminds me of my youth, when I would say "I want three volunteers: You, you, and you"......... they wore uniforms, ........

@UA549

Joined: 2008...........(it is now 2011.5) and 5 posts?............all as an administrator?????????

Are you familiar with the term "sock account"?

It may not occur to rednecks that those who have put a fair amount of their free time into this site don't take kindly to the bad manners of not even introducing yourselves.......???

Simply stated we volunteers are not part of management and have neither insight into the higher level management decision process nor plans for the future.
    I am a PricewaterhouseCoopers pensioner.............I follow Wall Street......... all I see is the founders/owners monetizing their stocks????

Thank God for the SEC! there are some things that cannot be kept from the public domain, particularly the bit that lets you opt to dump so much stock a month and not be liable for insider trading?

Seems to me that the 11 forums you guys have been given to look after are the ones on "death row"?

OK, a suggestion: put GCC (General Chit Chat) back on the front page, and drop this stupid pretence of being a "security site" ?

EDIT:

Also you guy's might want to boost your AP (Reputation) level's higher, simply because we wouldn't want another Intmon incident.
    Well spotted.............I have dealt with it short term
    Last edited by nihil; July 1st, 2011 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    It may not occur to rednecks that those who have put a fair amount of their free time into this site don't take kindly to the bad manners of not even introducing yourselves.......???
    Did you accidently click the wrong simily so we'd have a better idea if your kidding or not. On this side on the big blue pond, calling someone a redneck is generally not nice and frowned upon

Besides, I was waiting for you to go first

I'm a 56 year old accounting guy that does tech support for a company that develops and sells two high dollar accounting packages for a specific industry. I’ve been doing support work for my current employer and a competitor for 13 years. I also maintain 10 severs sitting at a data center that we use to host the SQL databases.