Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who are all these "Assist Admins" ?

Actually I made one post when I first joined AO and didn't come back until a couple of months ago when Internet.com management first asked Steve and I if we had ever heard of AO.

About me:
    I retired in 1998 as an international mainframe networking consultant covering the area from Hawaii to western Europe. My clients were large banks, government agencies and large business that kept me on retainer. (PW was one of my clients.) I also wrote networking courses and taught them regularly. I traveled by air at least 4 days per week throughout my career. I've held every position in IT from a head down assembly coder at a college (1968) to a corporate director of a very large online banking services firm with more than 110 banks online in 3 time zones (1985). Most of my life I was self employed. I have degrees in Finance and Economics.

For relaxation I travel with my wife of 49 years visiting World Heritage sites. We spent much of May in Asia Minor, Greece, Albania, Croatia and Italy. All of the World Heritage sites sites are on our bucket list.

Is that enough of an introduction to suit you? I don't usually post this much personal information.

Banned
    I don't want a travel agent.

I want to to speak with this so called "management".

And I want to buy the domain from who ever owns the site these days.

HYBR|D
    ua549, care to give a First name? And yes that was a nice introduction. It's nice to know a little about our new Staff members.

at least you will be able to join in the more technical discussion's without having to look at the topics with a blank stare on your face

also welcome to the lion's Den.

Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    It may not occur to rednecks that those who have put a fair amount of their free time into this site don't take kindly to the bad manners of not even introducing yourselves.......???
    Did you accidently click the wrong simily so we'd have a better idea if your kidding or not. On this side on the big blue pond, calling someone a redneck is generally not nice and frowned upon

Besides, I was waiting for you to go first

I'm a 56 year old accounting guy that does tech support for a company that develops and sells two high dollar accounting packages for a specific industry. I’ve been doing support work for my current employer and a competitor for 13 years. I also maintain 10 severs sitting at a data center that we use to host the SQL databases.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Spec View Post
    I don't want a travel agent.

I want to to speak with this so called "management".

And I want to buy the domain from who ever owns the site these days.

You can click the "Contact Us" link found on the bottom of every page. One of the three guys that get those mails will in all likelihood forward your request to the proper people.

HYBR|D
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    I also maintain 10 severs sitting at a data center that we use to host the SQL databases.
    The quinstreet servers?

Quote Originally Posted by HYBR|D View Post
    ua549, care to give a First name? And yes that was a nice introduction. It's nice to know a little about our new Staff members.

at least you will be able to join in the more technical discussion's without having to look at the topics with a blank stare on your face

also welcome to the lion's Den.
    Forum folks call me UA. ua549 was a moniker assigned to me many decades ago by a government agency that stuck.

BTW the forum servers are not located in Dallas and Steve does not manage them.

Quote Originally Posted by HYBR|D View Post
    The quinstreet servers?
    Nope.... Its the servers we use to host our clients data for the accounting software.

HYBR|D
    So willing to share the story UA on how the "Handle" was given to you?

Also i take it heidi is still going to be staying around? mnstrgrl that is.

About the handle, sorry I can't say more than I already have.

Heidi is always there. She seems to work 24/7.