Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Who are all these "Assist Admins" ?

Hi metguru,

The ones of interest are:

1. General Chit Chat
    2. Roll Call
    3. Addicts
    4. Cosmos
    5. Tech Humour

I am not sure about some of the others as they get posted to so infrequently.

I have to admit; After they took GCC and Tech Humor and all those off the front page view, I started going there a WHOLE lot less. I don't know if it's so much laziness, or if I just don't think about it enough to click on it or what, but I do know it's affected posts.

Bringing everything back to the front page, or, better yet, bringing MOST of it back, and then having a configuration option where you can select extra stuff you'd like displayed on the front like we used to have (may still have it, but if we do, it sure doesn't work very well) would be a great idea I think.

Bringing everything back to the front page, or, better yet, bringing MOST of it back, and then having a configuration option where you can select extra stuff you'd like displayed on the front like we used to have (may still have it, but if we do, it sure doesn't work very well) would be a great idea I think.
    I think that apart from the ones I listed, all the others would go to the front page if someone posted to them. It wouldn't do any harm IMO as we have a months worth of posts on the front page and they have been inactive since before then.

The selection option was definitely a hack and is not available in our version of vBulletin AFAIK. Given that we are not in danger of having the front page flooded, I think it has lost much of its usefulness, although I did like it back in the day.

HYBR|D
    Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    The selection option was definitely a hack and is not available in our version of vBulletin AFAIK. Given that we are not in danger of having the front page flooded, I think it has lost much of its usefulness, although I did like it back in the day.
    Actually..

The cms being used allows the admin to select what is / what isn't displayed, there are various plugins available that will allow it to be per user selectable via there userCP.

AOs Resident Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    Hi metguru,

The ones of interest are:

1. General Chit Chat
    2. Roll Call
    3. Addicts
    4. Cosmos
    5. Tech Humour

I am not sure about some of the others as they get posted to so infrequently.

I would like to see those on the front page too...

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by morganlefay View Post
    I would like to see those on the front page too...

MLF
    ^^
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    well, it's been a while
    but good to see the same stuff going on
    and for what it is worth
    GIVE the domain to Spec :P
    he would probably have a better idea of how to take us forward
    and I HAVE been absent recently
    but I DID put in the time over the years

checking the new owners does not inspire confidence in AO's future as anything other than a sink hole in the wwweb
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone