Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Who are all these "Assist Admins" ?

Quote Originally Posted by The-Spec View Post
    Alot of us have been on this site for over a decade now.
    This is the 2nd version of the board.

Damn i was member #22 on the first one.

Don't feed the Spec....It's wild and WILL BITE!
    You have been warned!
    hehehe

Flight Status for United Airlines 549 [UA549] Landed
    Departure LIH 12:38pm

Kauai Island Jul 4
    Gate 10

Arrival LAX 8:52pm(was 9:16pm)Terminal 6
    Los Angeles Jul 4
    Gate 69A

He is an airplane.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

AOs Resident Troll
    ROFLMAO westin

heheheheh

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

His name is Micheal, he's used the nick since before 2001.
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

Really though, I like the idea of bringing general chitchat, tech humor, etc. back to the front page. I always forget about those areas, but have had several good conversations there.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

I think there should be chat on the first page, but yeah...I agree with you, I used to have a lot of fun here on those, too...albeit, as an *******, but still.
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

I'm seeing a lot of interest in making a bid to buy the site. It's languishing from a revenue standpoint anyway. I bet you could even figure out how much was paid for the site by comparing Quinstreet's SEC filings with the date of acquisition. That's assuming it made a blip at all on their balance sheet. It would be in their interest to make a quick profit while they can, and it would be in membership's interest to make the purchase due to sentimental value.

I agree that GCC and Tech Humor and the rest of the forums should all go back to being displayed on the front page. Back when it WAS displayed, it was SO much easier to track threads, and I still don't know why it was changed, considering that it didn't exactly do any good other than making it look like the whole site was basically hardly ever active.

and I still don't know why it was changed,
    That was when we still had the wannabee security gurus banging on about this being a security site. It never was, it isn't, and it never will be. JPV blew that opportunity years ago, although it would have taken some serious cash and professional people to make it happen alongside the big boys.

Anything subsequent was too late, so nothing happened.

We are a discussion forum and a community though, which the professional security sites are not.

Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    Really though, I like the idea of bringing general chitchat, tech humor, etc. back to the front page. I always forget about those areas, but have had several good conversations there.
    Yea, I completely agree. I rarely take the time to click the forum link on the homepage. I just check to see if there are any new posts listed on the homepage itself. Having all the forums come up on the front page (or at least most of them) would be helpful. I don't even know which ones don't show up on the front page...