Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the difference between Internet security and antivirus?

yeah i say the difference between the both of them actually Anti virus can only scans the virus that it knows. It cannot prevent any virus it does not recognize. So Anti-virus software just fights viruses, worms and trojans they have signatures for and just provides a basic protection.but internet security is used to provide defense against many threats and keep the computer secure even from hackers. is not just one program, but is usually composed more than one application that aims to provide total protection towards the user. Still at its core is certainly an anti-virus program.

BacklinksVault
    Last edited by ananthapriya; July 31st, 2013 at 12:21 PM.

Now a days, almost all antivirus gives, so need to worry about the internet security. In my opinion, antivirus are those which detect and delete virus. And online security is keeping your information safe.

The major difference between antivirus and internet security is that while an antivirus protects you from viruses that may infect your computer, an internet security suite protects you from many other forms of malicious content and action, by having advanced features such as a firewall, phishing detection over the Internet...

Internet Security is Security From Online Threats and antivirus is just security to secure our system from other virus.

Internet security is when you can block sites categorically or secure your network from cyber attacks. Antivirus prevent any sort of virus to enter your computer it may be dics, usb or anything alien which have potential to harm your computer.

Talking

Let's see the difference with small introduction.

Antivirus - it will kill virus that will affect your personal computer.
    Internet security - It will protect you from more malicious attacks. It will act as a firewall.

Banned
    If you examine every similar pair of products from the majority of competitors, you will find that the internet security versions and the antivirus versions perform exactly the same when it comes to detecting, blocking and removing malware. The internet security versions, however, often include parental controls as well as better antiphishing features and more security related to online shopping and banking. The differences in price are so negligible that it usually makes sense to step up to the internet security version rather than make do with the basic antivirus product.

Both of them block and remove viruses and spyware. Either of them checks any portable storage devices that you may attach to your PC to see if they are safe. You can use either one to conduct safe online transactions and secure social networking sessions. With either product, you can surf the internet without disclosing private information.

protection of wifi is important

Nowaday, all of us should protect their WiFi because if we not do so. Then, anyone can easily use our wifi for any kind of illegal work. And, we can easily be accused for the work which we haven't done. So, you should check out more than 10 ways to protect your wifi from hackers at https://safetricks.org/protect-wifi-...-from-hackers/

Antivirus software is a subset of Internet security. It is but a single piece of the big picture. Opinions vary widely on both. You'll rarely get two cybersecurity pros to agree with all that can be used to complete the big picture of security for enterprise or personal applications. Much of your security depends upon your budget.

For a start, I would make use of ESET Smart Security Premium or Norton 360 for an antivirus program. Also, be sure to harden your router's security and employ a robust firewall. Ensure that all connected devices have a lengthy, complex password. Make use of a guest account on the router (for visitors), which also has a lengthy, complex password. Most people don't think to update the firmware on each device, router, switch, and firewall (if it's a physical, hardware-based firewall), but you should be doing that step too.

Consider closing unnecessary ports on your router, but be careful because closing the wrong ports won't let certain traffic through like sftp, ftps, http, https, imap, smtp Netflix, or Xbox (etc.) traffic. Any service that you won't be using -- close the corresponding port(s).

Also, change the admin credentials on your router, not just the wi-fi password. If I can get into your router, then I can change your router to only let me in by using mac filtering and other features.

I'm assuming that you're not asking about enterprise level security responsibilities, so I won't go into that.
    Last edited by cykich; December 23rd, 2019 at 06:51 PM.