Thread: Tor

Threaded View

Tor

So Ive spent the last 2 1/2 hours trying to get the Tor vidalia bundle (proxy client) up and running and its driving me crazy.

Actually everything seems right, the client says its connected, the message logs says a circuit been established, and I have poured through the FAQ on the site but can't find the exact problem.

The only reason I know that its not working, or at least my browser (firefox 5) doesn't recognize that it is is because when I go to Tor's check site: https://check.torproject.org/ it says its not connected. I have also noticed that the TorButton (a firefox extension) is incompatible with FF5.

The absolute only thing that I can think of is that the whole client is presently incompatible with FF5, or at least theres something about FF5 that doesn't recognize it. I've been messing with this a long time and its getting late, and if I don't have to I really don't want to uninstall FF5 just to revert to an earlier version that Im not even sure will work; and Im kinda fond of FF5, love its stability.

Does anyone know anything about this? Is there something else I'm overlooking?

If I wasn't already a 'clean head' I'd have pulled my hair out by now

EDIT: I also notice there's a Trend Micro FF extension that is incompatible with v5. What is it about FF5 that makes it so anti-social??
    Last edited by IcSilk; August 4th, 2011 at 06:41 AM.
    "In most gardens they make the beds too soft - so that the flowers are always asleep" - Tiger Lily