Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tor

Update

UPDATE: I had so much trouble logging into websites that were the reason I wanted Tor in the first place that I had to completely uninstall it. It was WAAAAAY too much trouble. Forums that I never had any trouble on were refusing my login, not because I had Tor enabled but because of the connection to internet settings I had on my browser. Sorry, and thanks to all who tried to help me but I'll have to find a different proxy to use.
    "In most gardens they make the beds too soft - so that the flowers are always asleep" - Tiger Lily

HYBR|D

Just to follow up. TorButton on FF doesn't connect to proxy anymore. I played with it for 30 minutes and gave up. (was cutting into 'drinking time')

I'll have to figure it out but not this weekend
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Just to follow up. TorButton on FF doesn't connect to proxy anymore. I played with it for 30 minutes and gave up. (was cutting into 'drinking time')

I'll have to figure it out but not this weekend
    LMFBO, another after my own heart there cheers!!!
    "In most gardens they make the beds too soft - so that the flowers are always asleep" - Tiger Lily

Banned
    Did your problem solved or you are still looking for solutions?

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    I tested t0r after seeing this thread and its so slow so im not sure who is going to use it unless they really have too.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Cider View Post
    I tested t0r after seeing this thread and its so slow so im not sure who is going to use it unless they really have too.
    You can make it moar snappier!!!

I don't use TOR, cause, well, I don't care enough, I guess...

...you can use it to get through gay ass restricted "hotspots", tho...
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

If you use default settings, tor will make browsing the web on dial-up look like high speed.

The only reason I used it was to help folks in other parts of the world configure their installs. Alas I still havent figured out what happened to mine. It was either a winblows or FF update.
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Quote Originally Posted by dinowuff View Post
    If you use default settings, tor will make browsing the web on dial-up look like high speed.

The only reason I used it was to help folks in other parts of the world configure their installs. Alas I still havent figured out what happened to mine. It was either a winblows or FF update.
    helping egyptians?
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    I know I'm coming in late, but have you tried any other verification methods? I've had problems with the actual http://check.torproject.org website before, but I was still connected.

I got a similar message; that I wasn't connected or whatever. I then went to www.networktools.com with the instance of FF that the Vidalia control panel opened and saw my IP address was coming out of the Netherlands.
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me