Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What are the best tactics to use?

To be honest it seems I've given positive reputation to all of the active members at some point in time, so I get that same message when trying to give reputation; I find it comical that AO says to spread it around, but as a result of a low amount of active members, I've run out of people to spread it around to.

Quote Originally Posted by gore View Post
    What does that have to do with the price of something that's totally legal and manufactured all the time?
    The price of ammo doubled because people were afraid that the BO administration would further regulate firearms and ammo which they tried to do. For awhile 9 mm ammo was in very short supply. A mod on another forum who was concerned about availability purchased a few thousand dollars worth of ammo (a pallet?) and several additional weapons.

BTW - BO has now required reporting of long gun sales in the SW. I'd guess it is to keep tabs on the Fast and Furious ATF guys who supply the Mexicans.

Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    Hell's teeth guys!!! this place is starting to be like a community again ?????????????
    Does this mean we can go back to Mac vs Win vs Linux vs Unix vs Solaris vs BSD vs BeOS...ok you get the point, conversations?

Well I guess that means with this thread it'd be more along the lines of AK47 vs AK74 vs AK 107/8 vs SKS vs M16 vs ar15 vs M4 vs Remington 700 vs Savage 110 vs 338 Lapua Magnum vs Tac-50...and you get the point again.

GO!

Hah!

Your 7.62x64R gave you away..........that was some sort of Russian WWII rifle

and Lapua would sell it as 63R A somethingorother Nagant, I believe?

As I said, the x33 is the M1 carbine round................which was only issued to officers on the grounds that they could damage fewer of their own troops

At least, that's what a certain Gunnery Sergeant Major told me

I'll admit it, I am an avid collector of social media methods in the hardware form. I'll also admit that I am not always into the 'tacticool' style of hardware. I collect just as many items that would be considered very ineffective killing tools in today's standards (and that's obviously not the point of collecting guns), but boy, are some of them just beautiful. I'm surprised it's taken this long to pull this information out of me. I'm into firearms almost as much as computers.

This makes me wonder if there is a correlation between IT professionals and firearms use.. We get angry, we shoot stuff.. Or yell at dogs.

Wouldnt it be a cheaper alternative to make the ammo yourself? By buying the primers, casings, bullets, etc yourself and putting them together? My old boss owned a gunshop as well as the software shop we worked in and on slow days, he would have us make his ammo. It was a little unnerving to sit by a case of 10k primers and an 18 yr old with adhd that held an (unloaded) 45 upside down, pinky on the trigger and went "Pew Pew"
    I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children’s children, because I don’t think children should be having sex. -- Jack Handey

Quote Originally Posted by mungyun View Post
    Wouldnt it be a cheaper alternative to make the ammo yourself? By buying the primers, casings, bullets, etc yourself and putting them together? My old boss owned a gunshop as well as the software shop we worked in and on slow days, he would have us make his ammo. It was a little unnerving to sit by a case of 10k primers and an 18 yr old with adhd that held an (unloaded) 45 upside down, pinky on the trigger and went "Pew Pew"
    Yes it is cheaper, but it is time consuming. I usually only reload with my long distance rifles, as hand loads are much more accurate.

My Cousin is an NRA member, and I still remember the day he came over saying Obama was going to basically make some changes to the law about guns and so he was "stocking up" before they weren't legal anymore.

And every time I hear someone say that, I ask for proof that Obama said ANYTHING about it, but no one has as of yet shown it to me. I don't exactly keep up on it, but I've not once ever heard him say a word about guns, ammo, or anything else.

In fact, Bill Maher, the comedian, was talking about this very issue, and said he too couldn't find even one piece of anything where Obama said he was going to take away gun rights. So, I think he may have had a point that the NRA was saying this **** just to drive up membership because they needed money.

I'm from Michigan; We are one of the only Blue States where guns are easy to come by. You can buy AK-47s and M14s and **** here, and you can even get 50 Cals. Most of the time, only Red States allow that, but we do.

And yea I think we can go back to what OS is better. But I think we should have anyway. I mean to be Honest, those threads had better content than half the **** being posted today, and every time I made one, someone found a reason to complain and bitch about it.

Well, TWO members did anyway, but they aren't even here now. So **** em.

BeOS is awesome, and I miss it. Last night I was looking for some CDs, and I was burning copies of ISOs to CD, and I actually found my BeOS Pro 5.0 Installation CD. I need to find a machine that I can install it on, because I LOVED it.

I know there's a few projects out there that are making BeOS alive again, but it's NOT the same! I want the REAL BeOS back!

As for Linux.... Well, Linux has come a long way too. I still use Slackware, SUSE, Debian, and Mandriva, and I still hate Gentoo and Redhat and Fedora, and I sill love FreeBSD.

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    I certainly don't have any experience with AK47's.
    You must live on the other side of the tracks the nice big house in the suburbs. Check out brown town (there is one in every city and state) come down to Miami, Overtown, 'chopper city,' it is a daily occurrence around these parts.

It is different in the south.

Quote Originally Posted by Computernerd22 View Post
    You must live on the other side of the tracks the nice big house in the suburbs. Check out brown town (there is one in every city and state) come down to Miami, Overtown, 'chopper city,' it is a daily occurrence around these parts.

It is different in the south.
    For most of my life I've lived in a Florida city, not the burbs. I've seen AK's but that is not the same as having a finger inside the trigger guard.