Host bad; Guest good

Thread: Host bad; Guest good

Host bad; Guest good

since I have installed the guest additions on my ubuntu VM I have had some issues with my host ... for example: You tube vids aren't loading on my win 7 host, but fine on vitual Ubuntu I also tested this on FB (which I almost never use) vids don't play there either, also when trying to leave FB, I noticed some of the links weren't working. Like everytime I went to log out it flicked over to the account settings page, so I tested around a bit and discovered that many other links don't work there. I can't use any of the formatting options here on AO. Normal links work here, but so far as I have noticed just the formatting options and the smilies on the right can't be accessed. All this is fine on my virtual ubuntu (I use FF on both host and guest) but here on host things have gotten wanky since I install the guest addtions to VBox; and i know that that may have nothing to do with it, but I noticed it has only been since that installation. Anyone have a clue what happened? I've been searching for answers but this is a very difficult thing to find search parameters for lol

EDIT: actually if it helps, the only way that I could log out of FB is because I have the FF 'Developers Toolbar' installed and I disabled all CSS styles. Don't know if thats the only option I could have used to log out, but its the one I used. It completely strips the page so there was just a bunch of vertical text, some hyperlinks and the old school grey logout button. ***And as you can see I can't do any type of formatting on AO at all; I couldn't even start new lines with the enter key to put space between the original post and the first EDIT
    Last edited by IcSilk; September 15th, 2011 at 10:55 PM.
    "In most gardens they make the beds too soft - so that the flowers are always asleep" - Tiger Lily

Ok I got everything back to normal, I had to clear the cache and cookies on my browser.

This kind of makes sense to me, but can someone tell me exactly why all these issues popped up because of this?

Thanks
    "In most gardens they make the beds too soft - so that the flowers are always asleep" - Tiger Lily

I use VBox VMs every day, with guest additions installed. I can't say that I have ever seen this issue. I would be interested to hear other's experiences with this. Did you try IE while you were experiencing this issue? I am wondering if maybe it was a coincidence?
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

I am wondering if maybe it was a coincidence?
    Yes, it was a coincidence. But it did happen immediately after I installed guest additions. Thats why I started on that route to figure it out, and because it was immediately after installin GA's it threw me off the more simple path and put me on one that was completely wrong for quite sometime.

Had nothing to do with VM or GA's, it was just a simple matter of clearing browser cache, though I still don't know why it was only certain sites it was affecting.

Nothing fancy like VMs, but I do recall connectivity issues with secure sites when others worked just fine............clearing the cache sometimes worked.