Thread: Privacy Policy / Terms of use

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar

Privacy Policy / Terms of use

Hello everyone

Got a small issue here, maybe someone can help me out.

I have recently opened my own company in the cosmetics sector. What we do is import and distribute. The country I live in now, and the company location is in Lithuania (its in the EU for those who don't know).

I am in the process of making a website (basically the site is more about information, pictures, and about various products such as soaps, bath items etc...). This site might in the near future do the following things:

- Cookies for tracking of country of origin
    - I will be collecting emails from people who sign up/contact us using the contact form
    - I will be collecting the names of the people who sign up/contact us
    - There will be NO e shop, so no CC numbers etc...
    - Some of the products need attention, for example if soap goes into the eyes, etc....

Now, my problem is... Ive come to the point in the website creation where i need to create a privacy policy, a terms of use etc.
    I have no freaking idea what to write in there. I found some on-line generators which create these pages for me by asking me questions to fill out and it will fill them in for me. The problem however is, that all these generators are based on US laws or UK laws (California act of this or that etc). However i am in Lithuania (EU27), and need to write it for our location here. The only solution i found so far is to get a lawyer to do it for me, but i can not afford to pay a lawyer now for information regarding some text for 2 HTML pages. Google did not help me find any templates for my location either, not to mention that some want $700 which i refuse to pay.

Any ideas or help would be deeply appreciated. Maybe someone has done a website privacy policy or terms of use policy in a Baltic country and would be willing to share it with me?

I need to get it in English for the time being, and later I will translate it to the other languages as soon as I add other languages accordingly to the website.

Cheers everyone.
    Last edited by instronics; October 19th, 2011 at 04:02 PM.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

HYBR|D
    I've always used http://www.serprank.com/privacy-poli...ator/index.php to generate privacy policy's.

I have found that if your using adwords / adsense etc then using the above site's generator is still usable.

Or why not just locate another website operating out of your country and just copy + paste there privacy policy, and just edit it to your needs.

ie:> http://www.hotelslithuania.net/site/privacy

change the "hotelsLithuania[.]net" to your own site's name etc, also use the serp generator i linked to and it will give you the needed part about 3rd party cookie tracking etc.

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HYBR|D View Post

Or why not just locate another website operating out of your country and just copy + paste there privacy policy, and just edit it to your needs.

[/I]
    Ive taken your advice, and have found a few Lithuanian sites with a policy that does fit in my needs. Many thanks for giving me a bump to the most obvious. Dunno why i didn't approach it that way from the beginning.

Guess there is one thing that is still bugging me a bit. Most of the Lithuanian webmasters, or people responsible for writing legal information here are either not knowledgeable, corrupt, or not-caring about such fine details.

I will create a combination out of a few found ones, and add some of my things along to it.

Cheers HYBR|D
    Last edited by instronics; October 22nd, 2011 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Spelling mistakes corrected
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"