Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kindle VS hardcover

I wasn't sure about it when I first heard about them, but when I used one, and we now have one, I LOVED it. You can listen to net Radio on Wireless, while reading or playing a game, or checking email. It's nice.

I still like REAL books though.

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    ill be getting one end of the year, too many books too read .
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

I recently got HP TouchPad for reading my pdf. I had to do lots of comparison between kindle and other ebook readers and came to conclusion that HP Touchpad will do the job for me with its 9 inch screen. Its quite good in rendering pdf but you cannot search inside the pdf.
    Excuse me, is there an airport nearby large enough for a private jet to land?

I got a Kindle 3G, it is pretty good. Because I can have free 3G internet access anywhere around the world. But in terms of reading using the Kindle, I mainly use it for reading books which don't have syntax, such as source code or commands illustration. It is so hard to read on the Kindle, I also prefer reading technical stuff on my PC, and use the kindle for novels, because I use the function which Kindle read out to me. It make anyone crazy if you have to listen to a programming book.

Also I haven't bought any books from Amazon Kindle store. I normally download a pdf, and covert it to EPUB format. Which is what the Amazon kindle's format is base on. After converting, I plug the kindle to my pc, and move the EPUB files to the kindle. Then voila, it is now even have the kindle reading out to me function.
    Last edited by kowloon_boy; November 24th, 2011 at 04:32 PM.

kindle,...i just luv it..!

I love my Kindle because of the convenience and ease of reading. I had a habit of putting books aside because of the size of the print or weight. No longer an issue. I also like that I can carry a variety of books in a device that fits in my bag. No worries about running out of reading or not having what I'm in the mood for.

My biggest dislike is that I can no longer share books with others...but I solved some of the problem by getting my mother a Kindle.

I don't miss paper but I don't like contributing to the demise of the brick and mortar stores because I still love nothing more than browsing a bookstore at lunch. SoI find myself buying more cookbooks and magazines so I feel better.

Originally I thought it was way overpriced...but since I find myself spending less and reading more, I can easiy justify the cost (as long as I can hold off on upgrading for another year ).