Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tablet's

HYBR|D

Tablet's

Greetings.

I decided i would start this topic in Hardware as we don't have a specific "Tablet" section created yet .

For the last few months i've been using various tablets for my day2day internet browsing, so far i've aquired an Acer Aconia A500 - Samsung Galaxy tab, & a useless iPad2

I am very curious to know if other AntiOnline members have a tablet? & what are your Pro's & Con's about it?

and what do you mainly use your tablet for? be it internet browsing, Games or sitting back in bed reading an e-book or even watching some HD video's?

Galaxy Tab 10.1 here - I think it's fabolous. iPad is still a bit better, but not much....

I considered buying a Galaxy Tab 10.1 until I found out that the battery is not replaceable.
    I need a device that can either operate a full day and/or use a spare battery.
    Even my Galaxy S phone requires a battery replacement after 4 or 5 hours.

HYBR|D
    ^^ The galaxy tab is great regarding battery life, with web browsing, and playing that angry birds i can easily get 6 1/2 hrs worth of battery life before i either use the mini usb cable or plug straight into the power jack to recharge the battery.

with little to no use it will happily stay charged and functional for near 3days.

unless your planning on playing flash games ala facebook games non stop then battery life has never really hindered me on any of my tablets.

Between my smartphone, and my laptop, I really don't need a tablet. It is too big to fit in my pocket, so it requires a carrying case. If I am going to carry a case around, I might as well take my laptop. I had an iPad 2 from work for a couple of months. I think I turned it on once or twice... Then I gave it back, because it was just gathering dust. They are great for some people, but for what I need to do, it doesn't cut it.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

HYBR|D
    Curious has anyone else been watching this whole Samsung V Apple litigation stuff that has been plastered on near every computer type website i visit?

What do people think about it?

Personally, I am sick of all of these lawsuits. People take ideas and build on them. That is how technology has progressed since the beginning of time. I don't think Grog [fictitious inventor of the wheel] sued anyone for putting the wheel on a cart. -- Am I over simplifying? Maybe... but if you look at the actual number of lawsuits between device makers, it is ridiculous.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

I guess I am something like westin here. I don't personally have much use for a tablet, although several of my friends have them and find them a great asset.

I have looked at them but would be more inclined to go for a netbook myself. I don't really mind the carrying case thing but my laptops are rather heavy and/or cumbersome. The IBM is rather old and heavy, but does have a good battery life if you attach the expansion base with a spare battery and HDD.

The Compaq is really just a portable desktop. If you run it at full performance I doubt if the battery lasts even 90 minutes. This is OK for me as I don't need to use it anywhere where there isn't a mains power supply.

I know that the dividing line is very slight and it is probably just my old fashioned mindset, but to me a netbook looks like a miniature PC whereas a tablet looks like an oversized i-phone (where "i" = "intelligent" not "apple" )

Smile 2.2 Media Tablet

SkyTex Primer Pocket - 4.3" Android 2.2 Media Tablet is the awesome I found, i like Android Gaming....

Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    I guess I am something like westin here. I don't personally have much use for a tablet, although several of my friends have them and find them a great asset.

I have looked at them but would be more inclined to go for a netbook myself. I don't really mind the carrying case thing but my laptops are rather heavy and/or cumbersome. The IBM is rather old and heavy, but does have a good battery life if you attach the expansion base with a spare battery and HDD.

The Compaq is really just a portable desktop. If you run it at full performance I doubt if the battery lasts even 90 minutes. This is OK for me as I don't need to use it anywhere where there isn't a mains power supply.

I know that the dividing line is very slight and it is probably just my old fashioned mindset, but to me a netbook looks like a miniature PC whereas a tablet looks like an oversized i-phone (where "i" = "intelligent" not "apple" )
    sorry sir

I salute your wisdom. But what got me wanting to comment is your little addage at the bottom (signature).

you ROCK!