Thread: Apple Price Fixing

Apple Price Fixing

Norty, norty Apple:

Feds jump on Apple-ebook price-fixing probe bandwagon

Department of Justice confirms that it, like the EU, is investigating possible antitrust violations

Shock, horror................errrr.................I have frequently accused Apple of pursuing a 1960's IBM business model....... but I didn't think that they were that close

Story is here:

http://www.computerworld.com/s/artic...robe_bandwagon

HYBR|D
    It's about time someone jumped in and started investigating this, amazon charges like 99c, if you happen to purchase from that bloatware iTunes your paying near double for the same content.

Makes' sense though, as you pay near double for outdated hardware when you purchase there over priced snake oil.

I feel though that there will never truly be any real result coming out of this, as Apple will keep throwing more & more money to either keep it tied up in the courts, or until the Goverment / EU etc just give up.

You know, I'll give Apple this much:

Steve Wozniak, is probably the BEST All around Hacker Alive; He can design the Hardware, AND the Software, and he's just awesome.

And, I'll give them OS X; They did what every major Unix Company has tried at least once; They made a version of Unix that's Beautiful, and easy to use.

Other than that; I don't care to much about what they do with those Computers; I've heard countless people saying that Macs are THE Media Computer; That no other Computer can do what a Mac can do when it comes to Music, Movies, and Pictures / Graphics whatever else.

OK, here's the problem with that statement:

SGI is real. Bite THAT Apple

SGI can outdo Apple at any one of those; Video? Movies? SGI was the Standard before people learned that The Matrix was done on a FreeBSD Cluster. Sound? SGI can do that too; Graphics and Pictures and what ever else? SGI has them there too.

If people who say Macs are better got a taste of an SGI they'd eat Oranges to the rest of their lives.

I've heard countless people saying that Macs are THE Media Computer; That no other Computer can do what a Mac can do when it comes to Music, Movies, and Pictures / Graphics whatever else.
    Well, I have never heard that..................

1. Apple fanbois know nothing about computers, therefore cannot hold an intelligent conversation. Anyways I would rip them a new anal orifice ..........

2. Apple computers..............and they are A.P.P.L.E not MAC, which is their OS? are just the usual store bought, off the shelf, crap for the plebs. Just the same as the normal PC OEMs but with the "A" for anally retentive added

3. Show me, or any small OEM, any of the big boy crap and we can p1ss all over it, because we build to spec not some marketing craphead's ideas.

Apple is just an anally retentive's personal computer

Way back, it had the advantage of being able to display identical graphics on multiple screens, so it caught on with the publishing and advertising industries......... those are dead now................ Apple will be shortly, which is why they are pursuing this school computer crap and the like........

Like SCO, they have fulfilled their purpose............goodbye.

I guess the maggots will have to move onto other fruit?

/me goes to put tar band on my Apricot 486
    Last edited by nihil; December 19th, 2011 at 10:00 AM.

I too have seen many people think that just because they have a Mac Computer, that Mac is a Company. Which is funny because they still have Apples on them.... Didn't quite understand that.

The school they they've always done. Or at least here they did it.I remember even before I knew what a Computer did that our school ran ALL Apple Computers.

Even when I was in college; The Graphics classes all used Macs, and, when we went to visit a Company for my Networking Class, he said that though most of the desktops ran Windows, there were still a few people who used Macs only, and all of them were in the Graphics area.

Then he said that there were a few oldschool Computer people who refused anything not Unix.

I think there's a reason that if you go on Ebay, and look at Computers from the mid and even the early 1990s, you'll see that PCs from that era are cheap. SGIs from that era, though cheaper, still cost a few grand, and that's assuming you won't get a full system that works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McIntosh_%28apple%29

I too have seen many people think that just because they have a Mac Computer, that Mac is a Company. Which is funny because they still have Apples on them.... Didn't quite understand that.
    Actually it is a deliberate misspelling of a variety of apple popular in Canada and the Northern US

Nihil; I know, I live in Michigan.

mac= no freedom of choice

i for one am one that believes if im gonna shell out any amount of money for technology i want to be able to do what i want with it customize/use it any way i want to , apple in general stands against everything i hold dear about technology , i think if woz was still active at apple and had a bigger voice in decisions it wouldn't be as bad