Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft starting silent upgrades of Internet Explorer.

HYBR|D
    Quote Originally Posted by ua549 View Post
    Here it is not rendered correctly in FF 9.01.
    Renders fine under numerous different boxen's for me. While using ff 9.01

grab mozbackup backup your firefox profile, and completly un-install firefox, reboot the machine, then re-install creating a fresh userprofile, then simply restore your "Session" using mozbackup.

your not using any funcky custom .css or filters that could be causing it to not work for you?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've already tried the uninstall/reinstall procedure. No joy.
    I've disabled every plugin except for the ones I can't do without. Still no joy.
    FYI the plugins I find necessary are: Acrobat, Java, Quicktime, Shockwave Flash and Silverlight. In addition I have Ad Block Plus and Ghostery installed to block advertising and tracking cookies. Without those I wouldn't even consider using Firefox.

I finally isolated the cause, tracking bugs. I can view the site if, and only if, I allow it to plant tracking bugs - 17 of 'em. I won't turn off that security function.

HYBR|D
    Just whitelist PollDaddy . The rest keep blacklisted as there 3rd party cookie and social media crap.

I was going to suggest just starting firefox in safemode then seing if it displayed properly.

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    so installing ghostery.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Fox news, and Fox in general are purely Right Wing, and rarely own up to screw ups. I'm not a Democrat either, so I don't listen to either. I mean, if I listen to Fox, I know they're just going to say "Obama isn't an American" and then when they show his Birth Certificate, they forget the whole thing as though it never happened.

I'm not Republican or Democrat because I can't agree with either. The problem stems from the fact that people vote for one over the other for all the wrong reasons. Ask any working class guy why he votes Republican, and they say "Because Democrats want to raise taxes".... Well, yes, they want to make the top 1% of the country who are millionaires pay their fare share of it, and they give tax breaks to those who don't make much money. My Aunt and Uncle, are both barely making it, and my Uncle can't work anymore. Their Daughter, and Son in Law, both need medical care BADLY, but they can't afford insurance.

They also don't like Obama, and even if I point out that the Health Care Bill was, originally, a great idea, and it was the Republicans they love so much that forced Obama to change a bunch of it, they seem to think I'm lying or something. They are all Republicans, yet broke as ****. I don't get why they'd vote for people who want to raise THEIR taxes, instead of someone who would give them tax breaks.

That is the reason I can't understand them. And Democrats? Again, they're totally stupid sometimes. I used to not ever vote mostly because no Candidate seemed to talk about issues I care about.

I still don't vote, and I'm not even registered to, because I've yet to see someone who is running who would do anything about the things I care about. I'll start voting when a Libertarian makes it up there. Ron Paul was close.

Ron Paul used to be a pure Libertarian. Now he's not, but I think if he got in, he'd still try to change things that I care about.

Also, people confuse Libertarian, with Liberal, all the time. It's simple not true. Liberals, Left Wing Democrats, are not Libertarians. Democrats and Republicans are all wrong, and do nothing to help the problem. That's why I don't listen to Fox News, or CBS, or any other you listed. They simply aren't fighting for what is important to ME. So, I simply don't listen to them. I'm very Opinionated, and I'd LOVE a chance to have someone in Office that would fight for what I care about. But in my Life Time, that hasn't happened even once.

When I see a Candidate on TV saying we're ending the Drug War, and stopping the Billions of Dollars spent on locking up Doctors and Chronic Pain Patients, and that we're going to end what Nixon started, I'll start voting again. Most people don't even realize that an agency can tell your Doctor what you can and can't be given; if they did, they would be outraged.

I agree with most of what you say, gore. BUT, people vote against their own best interests frequently. It not always because they are foolish or ignorant. It is because it is what's best for the country.

Personally I disagree with the "fair share" philosophy of gouging those with high income while giving those with low incomes a free ride. I want a much smaller national government that assesses a flat tax or a tax on consumption instead of a tax on income.

Health care is a personal expense and not a right. It shouldn't be something that is paid or provided by government. Insurance shouldn't be forced on people. Insurance companies should not be allowed to determine what is medically necessary either. That is between a physician and a patient. Patient identifiable care data should not be shared with the government as it is now. It is going to get worse with the current administration requiring electronic patient records that meet Federal standards.

Back on topic, I whitelisted PollDaddy. It works. Thanks HYBR|D.

Personally, I'm 100% Libertarian, which most people confuse with Liberal, which it isn't. I can't stand it when I say "I'm a Libertarian" and someone responds with "Oh, I don't get along with Liberals" .... I'm like WTF?

Libertarian Beliefs are basically ones of personal freedom and personal responsibility on every issue. Basically, if you do anything in your own home to yourself, it's legal. As it should be.

Privatizing Social Security, and giving people the money on their pay check and leaving it up to them to put it away, that's Libertarian. What two consenting adults do behind closed doors, that's Libertarian. What Adults do to their own bodies, with whatever they want, is a right. that's why I'm Libertarian. I never agreed with Republicans or Democrats. I don't like either.

I didn't think there WAS a Party that I could agree with. One day, I found a test; "What Political Party are you?" And I took the test. It asked a LOT of questions, and when it was over, it said I was Libertarian. I looked it up and found the main Libertarian Parties' Website, and I read it.

I was in shock that there was actually a Political Party out there that actually cared about what I care about. I read through the whole web site, and was amazed to see that I'd found something I wanted in the White House.

http://www.lp.org

That's the web site. It explains who they are, and what they are. They are what I want, but there isn't much chance of it happening as most people don't even know there's more than just Republican and Democrat, and also, they don't get much of the vote.

Mostly because a lot of people never hear their message. I mean personally, I was pissed when I heard the Presidential candidate for the party had been arrested for showing up to the Debate.

That's why if I ever REALLY make it, and I become filthy Rich, I'm going to buy air time for them. If people knew what Libertarians were, and what the message was, they'd probably vote for them.

Ending the stupid Drug War, which costs Billions every year, and does more harm than drugs ever have... Drugs were all legal in America until the early 1900s, and before that, there really wasn't organized crime. How could there be?

Think about it; If we stopped the Drug War and just taxed that ****, we'd have an excess of money, and, Jails wouldn't be full of people who don't deserve to be there. And back when all this stuff was legal, there wasn't gangs of crime, because WTF did they have to sell?

I could go into more detail, but I have to leave in a minute; We're going to our Families' Christmas Party.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Internet Explorer is not working well now... Microsoft must hav some faults...

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar

Thumbs down OLD thread, make a new one

Quote Originally Posted by supertower View Post
    Internet Explorer is not working well now... Microsoft must hav some faults...
    this is - again - an old thread
    you DO know how to create your own threads don't you ?
    and just because IE on your PC is crapping out, is NOT a reason to suspect that MS are either at issue - apart from creating the beast - or to balme
    try and sort your own PC out by running basic first step security on it, to allow it to run as it should do
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone