Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SOPA the end of the internet?

I'm trying to remember the **** Kim Schmitz pulled years ago . .
    There were infinite threads about it here . . way way back in the days.

Long story about the arrests etc here: http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/62...et-back-online

Taking thread more oftopic perhaps, but since SOPA PIPA is in the freeze for now I think I'll wager it..

Never mind, could have just searched for it: http://www.antionline.com/search.php?searchid=551103 (does such a link work?)
    Last edited by the_JinX; January 21st, 2012 at 11:41 PM. Reason: fixed
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Hey, Jinxy,

I think that you are closer to the target than you think?

http://techcrunch.com/2012/01/20/meg...ent-education/

and:

http://gizmodo.com/5877836/why-did-t...ad-and-why-now

Happy New Year folks........... in Europe we are financially bankrupt.......... in America you are morally, socially and intellectually bankrupt......... and most certainly legislatively?.........

So, a happy Chinese New Year to you all.......... by the end of it I expect that what we both have left will have been outsourced there anyways?

RIAA = RICA
    MPAA = MPCA

Strange that the Chinese don't seem to give a rodent's rectum about copyright?.....................well, other people's that is.

And the last half dozen or so motherboards I have bought were made in Vietnam......... time to fight back huh?

Talking Kimble Slice or the ham and egger as we called him

Kimble was phreaking back in the day. He paid script kiddies to phreak/hack large corporations then he swooped in like Johnny Goodboy and saved the day. The other love in his life, insider trading, was also profitable but he got busted and got off light. Embezzeling monies was also profitable but again carried light penalties. One year at defcon he got arrested for public intoxication and indecency. A group of his friends tried to bully a bunch of us and Kimbo was the loudest so he got busted. His posse rolled away like he was an old apple IIc. Ah the good ole days of drunken defcons... I forget the year but one speaker had a 3 piece suit on but the nipples were cut out and pierced. If I recall correctly he was also the fed in spot the fed...

I find it odd in the whole megaspload incident that Swizz Beatz wasnt included in the fun of arrests and such. He was listed as CEO... Looks like ole Kimbo got set up real good. The only gumballs he'll be seeing are the anal beads coming out of his arse...
    The gene pool has no life guard!

I find it odd in the whole megaspload incident that Swizz Beatz wasnt included in the fun of arrests and such. He was listed as CEO..
    It isn't really, as this is all about making money out of the distribution of copyrighted materials.

Swizz was ignored because:

1. He wasn't on the payroll.
    2. He didn't own any stocks or equity.
    3. He had no demonstrable influence on MU policy or operations.

The FEDs aren't going to risk screwing up what seems a pretty good case by trying to involve people outside of the mainstream who cannot be clearly demonstrated to have materially benefited from the alleged wrondoings

From the subsequent reactions of other file repository services it would seem that several of them were at it to some extent?

However, they weren't so blatant, and have a leader with previous criminal convictions.

I am surprised at the New Zealanders though, as I always understood that they had pretty strict firearms laws..............over here he would be looking at 14 years for illegal possession and 7 years for a shotgun with a barrel length of under 20"...............no need to even apply for bail

"Beatz has not been accused of criminal wrong-doing, but he's helping to fight the Universal battle at the moment."

There are alot in the music biz that think piracy is a good thing. It helps promote music in ways people wouldnt be exposed to certain tracks via main stream outlets. I think he's singing, no pun intended, his way out of any trouble. Plus the fact the feds are going for the foreign entities that purposely defy copyrighted materials, period. If you're in cohoots with drug dealers you are going to be looked at mighty close. The feds have been watching this thing long enough to get the whole picture (damn the puns)

1. I think Beatz did get paid a boatload of cash. His wife, Alicia Keys did work on the promo video. You know it wasn't for free. I suspect thats were the CEO position was mentioned.
    2. I agree here because that would have been traced
    3. This would be combined with 1 but its all for naught.

I think the feds used the gun to get the NZ gov to be so gung ho on the whole deal.

In the US you can own a sawed off shotgun, or rifle or a minigun. They are not illegal or banned, they are regulated and you have to get a license for each and every one. This varies state to state. I have a friend in Utah who got caught without a license and did 3 years...
    The gene pool has no life guard!

Hmmm, the UK press are reporting that it is Schmitz's bodyguard who is facing the firearms raps.

It helps promote music in ways people wouldn't be exposed to certain tracks via main stream outlets.
    I think that is why Beatz is there..........there was some "Megabox" project or whatever to apparently do just that sort of thing. I think that would explain Beatz's involvement as Schmitz would need a figurehead with street cred in the music business.

Sure he got paid for his high profile promotional work......and he has accounted for every last penny...........hey, it wasn't the FBI who put Al Capone in Joliet for 11 years now, was it

What I would like to know is if there are any entries for "fruit and flowers" in the books of Megaupload?

Many years ago I was financial accountant for a recording label in the UK ...................

For those who don't know; F & F means "drugs, alcohol and ladies of negotiable virtue"

I don't know if this link will work? If not then just search for Kimble on the site.......... the thread goes back to when I was just a lurker here

http://www.antionline.com/showthread.php?t=218106

What goes around comes around? 10 years later.....
    Last edited by nihil; January 29th, 2012 at 11:34 PM.