Hi,

I've been dredging the internet for information on recovering overwritten data from a SD Card. Now, before you tell me it's not possible let me explain the circumstances and that I'm already aware of that opinion.

The card was used in a Canon Powershot camera to take photos and video (.jpg and .avi.) and afterwards was erased with a "low level format" from within the camera. This writes 0's to all sectors of the card, making conventional recovery techniques impossible. However, I've seen several posts by users in this forum suggesting that recovery may still be possible but am not sure what those techniques would be. If I were to send it to a professional recovery service do you think it would be possible for them and what techniques would they employ?

I should mention that I do have some experience in data recovery such as using hex to identify file headers in the recovery process. Even if recovery isn't possible I'm still interested in trying and would appreciate any advice anyone has to offer.

Thanks! Please let me know.

L0