Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The best Anti Malware Software?

So impressive comments relating news of anti melware software. Thanks for good discussion.

There are many good antiviruses available, which can protect your window from virus. you may download avira or panda antivirus, both are good enough. you may select antivirus which suits to your laptop's compatibility.

Norton 360 v2 is the best. It is fast and barely effects the boot speed. You can buy it for like $60.00-$80.00. Email me, I have it for free. 3 yr unlimited computers. About 60mb. Also, if you want another anti-virus program, I have that as well.

Wow, mine is like trial. You can use it free but you have to buy it later on. Is Avira any good?

Friend of Site Staff
    If you don't have any antivirus program installed - download, and install ONE of these:
    - Avast! free antivirus: http://www.avast.com...avast-home.html
    - free Microsoft Security Essentials: http://windows.micro...rity-essentials
    - free Comodo Antivirus: http://www.comodo.co...y/antivirus.php
    Update it. Run a full scan.

In addition to the list mentioned above I can recomend Nod32

best malware ....

I have Malwarebytes installed on the system and it's going very well, I blocked ports and both outgoing and incoming applications.

What do you think?

**Links removed by Site Administrator so it doesn't look like you're spamming us. Please don't post them again.**

I have used SUPERAnti Spyware for a while and never have problems, it is free also, aside from that which I manually run weekly I have have the free version of AVG running at all times on my systems, hope that helps.

Honestly, the best antivirus is to simply exercise one's common sense or not use Windows.

You can occasionally (once a week or so) run something like ComboFix, rkill or MBAM to look for any known virus signatures on your PC and remove them if needed, but the antivirus industry in general is a big arms race and security theater that always starts from the losing position.

Quote Originally Posted by vezzy View Post
    Honestly, the best antivirus is to simply exercise one's common sense or not use Windows.

You can occasionally (once a week or so) run something like ComboFix, rkill or MBAM to look for any known virus signatures on your PC and remove them if needed, but the antivirus industry in general is a big arms race and security theater that always starts from the losing position.
    These days there are almost no viruses as such; they are all the efforts of cybercriminals to gain access to your systems, and viruses are pretty low in the pecking order.

The game has turned professional folks, so traditional AV products are basically obsolete; they were to stop the amateurs.