Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The best Anti Malware Software?

Very cool recommendation on Belarc Advisor, nihil. I hadn't heard of that one before. I have been using Secunia PSI, which seems to work pretty well.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

my two cents

i recommend malwarbytes from experience ,ive used it many times in safe mode on infected computers and its only failed to get one peice of malware out, i had a long talk with horse on this subject and i tend to agree that antivirus's are obsolete ,id recommend malwarebytes ,superantispyware ,belarc and secunia. that's been on unbeatable combination and think about it all these are free or free versions , that's pretty bad when free software out performs paid programs. i know this is a belated reply but i figured someone else with the same question might come across it i hope this helps ,and to clarify the reason i recommend those two anti malware software is they tend to complement eachtother and pick up what one or the other doesn't if anyone has questions box me on here

Its all a waste. Don't bother.

Turn UAC up a notch and use the guest account unless you actually need to install something.

Friend of Site Staff
    If you don't have any antivirus program installed - download, and install ONE of these:
    - Avast! free antivirus: http://www.avast.com...avast-home.html
    - free Microsoft Security Essentials: http://windows.micro...rity-essentials
    - free Comodo Antivirus: http://www.comodo.co...y/antivirus.php
    Update it. Run a full scan.

Just in case:
    Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware: http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.
    (Malwarebytes is free to use as a manual scanner. Payment is only required if you wish to have it run and update automatically which is not necessary for our purposes)

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
    * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
    * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
    * Once the program has loaded, select Perform Quick Scan, then click Scan.
    * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
    * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
    * When completed, a log will open in Notepad.

please add in

blue coat K-9 wed protection program ...its free and set up what sites are virus or malware packed can be blocked ...it helps too thxs for the birthday note !!!!

there are many antivirus are available in market and choose the best antivirus is difficult .Regarding antivirus ,antivirus have functionality provide secure environment and protecting unnecessary virus ,malware,spyware etc. and supporting the OS.

Win 7 own defender or AVG

The best anti malware solution is common sense....works with any anti malware/virus software. It's completely free and best part about it is that it comes pre installed on every human being. You just have to enable it. If you can not find it though Im sure Aaron Maxwell will tell you where to look

Ted-K nailed it, imo. Best AV is a re-install and pull your needed info back from an uninfected source. If you use an AV it's best done on the machine by a stand alone OS, or terminal with AV programs running in a pristine (read doesn't touch the actual system) environment.
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

There are a lot of antivirus software that exist is the present cybernetic world. You have to choose the right one by comparing the features to your laptop enhancements. Few antivirus Softwares includes Comodo, Avast, AVG, Kaspersky etc.