Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Encryption? Never heard of it

Banned

Encryption? Never heard of it

I've broken into banks and mortgage firms. The loans and even the staff themselves are at risk.

Since the United States government won't investigate loan practices im wondering if I can bring their lack of regulatory compliance to someone's attention.

Im not financially motivated. I don't want to help businesses nor rip anyone off. I want to bring heat down on these firms. Better yet, shut them down if possable.

HYBR|D
    If you wanted your original original old account back, you could of just asked.

"breaking in" and actually achieving anything are two entirely different scenarios, unless you consider defacing their sites with "hello kitty" to be an achievement.

Financial institutions have rather more complex and in depth security than you seem to realise, a lot of which is aimed at the enemy within (employee fraud prevention). If you try messing around you will fall foul of it pretty quickly.

The only risk attached to a loan is the possibility of the borrower defaulting on the payments, hence the marvelous US invention of the "sub-prime" loans market for which the World is truly grateful.

You wouldn't be that CPA who fled to the Bahamas with accounts payable would you?

And if you think about it, encryption isn't the answer, as it is intended for the protection of data that are in transit.
    Last edited by nihil; February 19th, 2012 at 01:40 PM.

Breaking into something is far easier that getting out with something of value.

Banned
    I want to get in touch with someone about their lack of compliance. The idea is that once they're fined I'll let everyone know it was already compromised as a double-whammy.

The thing is, this country is so corrupt I can't find anyone who supports... yet alone enforces laws involving how they do business and handle customer information.

The thing is, this country is so corrupt I can't find anyone who supports... yet alone enforces laws involving how they do business and handle customer information.
    1. The Federal Trade Commission.

2. Congressmen Edward.J.Markey & Joe Barton
    c/o The Congressional Privacy Caucus

3. Rainey Reitman
    Activism Director
    The Electronic Frontier Foundation

4. I don't know about you rednecks in Georgia, but around 70% of US States have passed legislation similar to Senate Bill 1386............... you might like to check it out?

If you tell them that you are from the RIAA/MPAA even the DOJ and FBI might help you

Banned after 11 posts eh... wonder what name he will pick next. :-P
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Yeah? What happend to "all brag, no facts"?

I get sick and tired of being a nice guy. Instead of sitting here picking your noses... you guys should fallow suit. The business interests that control the government also control most media outlets (including the internet).

When you threaten the status quo a company like QuinStreet Inc. is always there to snuff it out. How do you fight back? Troll. Be disruptive and destructive. Expose information. Ruin websites. Make the internet a completely unsafe and unprofitable place.

OK "Ted" or whatever,

Let's look at this from a different angle huh?

You come on here and post a list of names, addresses and other personal details.

1. How do I know that they are genuine?
    2. How do I know that you obtained them rather than just c&p from some webscum site?

I have banned two Russian sleazeballs this week for trying to sell that information, and I can have "samples".

I can well believe your proposition that there are a lot of operations out there that are as solid as Swiss cheese, but we need to know where the leaks are happening?

A list of details (just a dozen or so would have made the point BTW) says nothing, without knowing where they came from and how they were obtained?

You need to state:

1. Which organisation is compromised
    2. What the vulnerability was.
    3. What exploit was used.

And for God's sake redact the bloody personal details!!! ( like stick a "*" in the SSN etc?)

Otherwise it might all have come from one of my moles in the IRS? or from Boris Bollockbrain in Outer Unpronounceable?

And if you think that things are bad in Georgia, just try Canada mate............ the RCMP don't even accept crime reports over the internet..... errr, you wouldn't happen to have two bean cans and a very long stretch of wire would you?)

If you really are serious about this then please let me know

HYBR|D
    FYI i have approved the post, as it would know doubt confuse people on whom & what your post is directed at Nihil.