Thread: Image attachement & Spoiler Tags Now Available.

HYBR|D

Image attachement & Spoiler Tags Now Available.

Greetings Everyone.

As part of the "Make AntiOnline Cool again" quest the owners of AO have added/allowed previously denied additions to now be enabled.

So i figured i'll start a thread that way everyone whom didn't already know about these 2 feature's will now be in the loop.

1st up all users can now have images appear in there posts. Either by having the images remotly hosted ie: Photobucket or even attach them using the in-house attachement management when creating a new thread / post.

The images will now be displayed without having to click a link etc to view it.

For example

2nd new feature is that "Hide Text" has been bought back. Yes us older members will remember that feature that could be used if you were posting a spoiler for a newly released movie, or you just wanted to post something naughty.

well to use this new feature all you need to do is wrap the wanted text with the [spoil] [ /spoil] BBcodes

for example if you click the "Show" button it will show my "Hidden Text"

Spoiler

If there are any questions / comments regarding these 2 new features ask away.

I do remember the hidden text feature, but I think that the image feature will be more useful as it lets you insert pictures and diagrams into your question or reply.

Very cool. That is definitely a step in the right direction. I find it incredibly sad to see AO as a sort of ghost town... but perhaps some of these changes will attract more members.

Last edited by westin; February 16th, 2012 at 09:48 PM.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    You're welcome

Now go vote in my poll in GCC!
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread.php?t=279862
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

Well come on guys; LOL did you think we all sat on our thumbs and just watched for Spammers? LOL we DO try and make this place better now and then

Don't get me wrong now; neither of these ones were my work obviously, but me, CoffeeCup / Hybrid, and Nihil, we all do try and get ideas out there now and then

Banned
    The option to post images where removed because they where afraid Spec would exploit our browsers & graphics drivers through image files. True story. Look it up in the archives.

Actually, they were worried about everything. Personally I miss Spec. There's no entertainment now. And who the **** else is gonna care I downloaded the Revolting Cocks, Ministry, and LARD Discographies? All of three people on the whole ****ing site even know who those bands are. Or how they're related.

HYBR|D
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiEstablishment View Post
    The option to post images where removed because they where afraid Spec would exploit our browsers & graphics drivers through image files. True story. Look it up in the archives.
    Weren't worried about possible exploiting x,y,z it was more the case of we all know he wouldn't be able to control the urge to post pictures of poop or other creative images.

Not worried about browser hijacks etc etc as i browse AO from a liveCD with no HDD in this machine. fun fun fun