Thread: Microsoft System Sweeper has changed

Microsoft System Sweeper has changed

It is now out of Beta and officially called Windows Defender Offline.

Sometimes, malicious and other potentially unwanted software, including rootkits, try to install themselves on your PC. This can happen when you connect to the Internet or install some programs from a CD, DVD, or other media. Once on your PC, this software might run immediately, or it might run at unexpected times. Windows Defender Offline can help remove such hard to find malicious and potentially unwanted programs using definitions that recognize threats. Definitions are files that provide an encyclopedia of potential software threats. Because new threats appear daily, it's important to always have the most up-to-date definitions installed in Windows Defender Offline. Armed with definition files, Windows Defender Offline can detect malicious and potentially unwanted software, and then notify you of the risks.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...fender-offline

Banned
    Hi friends,
    As you have discussed above that the malicious program may enter into the own software when you try to installed it The malicious program are run at which exact point but it may be elletal

Hi Steve,

I d/l'd it when you first posted ...........onto a USB memory stick.............. kinda forgot about it with what's been going on over here.

I put the stick in a box today and it scolded me that I had supplied the 32bit rather than 64 bit version

I had a bit of a desk tidy after that..........hell! the guy quoted me three days before he could get a forklift in?
    I found a couple of CDs that I had labelled: "Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper Beta" 04-July-2011. I guess that must have been the Fourth of July Fireworks edition?

Our fireworks are on the 5th. November, to celebrate Guido (Guy) Fawkes............. the only "guy" to go to our House of Representatives with honest intentions ................... and a whole load of gunpowder

You could throw a baseball from where he was born to where I was.........but I don't like gunpowder other than for the blackpowder weapons competitions.

Guess I forgot to "borrow" an XK-133 when I left..........................