Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NVIDIA update problem

O.K., O.K. after some more testing I am well pleased with this board and have just ordered two more.

Hey, be careful who you tell tho' we don't want to spark any panic buying now, do we?

I still have this old fart's view that NVIDIA is much more supportive of UNIX than ATI ever have been? and I have I few boxes to recycle into that environment.

HYBR|D
    Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    Silly boys NVIDIA.............. you spotted the exact model of LG 22" monitor I was using............... so why did you try to use your HDMI sound system when the damn thing doesn't have any speakers?
    It's really not that uncommon for people to have there PC's running via HDMI to display on there LCD/Plasma TV sets. Thus having "Sounds" etc come via the TV speakers.

Makes it convenient plug 'N Play most of the time, connect the HDMI cable to graphics card slot, then plug the other to the TV HDMI slot and presto.

Usually a few clicks of the mouse, right click the volume button on the taskbar, then select management, then deselect the HDMI output for sound.

Usually the setting occasionally reverts but i've only had that happen a few times now.

Makes it convenient plug 'N Play most of the time, connect the HDMI cable to graphics card slot, then plug the other to the TV HDMI slot and presto.
    Yeah, I guess that is what HDMI is really for? I guess I look on it as the basic replacement for SCART and on DVI, as the replacement for D-Sub. Not sure where that cable came from, but it is 3 meters long, so it would reach up to a wall mounting?

I generally use DVI-D, and that cable must have been the closest to hand at the time?