View Poll Results: Would you ever onsider using a product like this?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yeah

3 100.00%
  • Not sure

0 0%
  • Naaaaah, its stupid

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RunCore InVincible SSD with Physical Self-Destruction -- Official Launch

Hybrid View

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar

Talking RunCore InVincible SSD with Physical Self-Destruction -- Official Launch

Hello everyone

Just stumbled across this in the news with a small info on youtube about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLxaV...ature=youtu.be

This is really sweet.

Cheers.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

Hmmm, an "interesting" find

I have given it a bit of thought and although I can see a superficial attractiveness to it, it doesn't really stand up to a rigorous logical examination?

1. You would have to be in physical possession of your laptop at the time.
    2. You would have to be in obvious physical danger.
    3. You would have to choose between destroying the SSD or using your weapons to defend yourself and escape.
    4. From a military viewpoint, thermite or C4 is much more effective and reliable.
    5. What the hell are you doing with that sensitive data in that situation?
    6. Terrorists and drug dealers are not stupid enough to hold sensitive data like that, or would take the #4 option......particularly terrorists with a suicide bomber mentality.

So, the only people I can see with any possible practical use for it are Pedos...............................?????

From an industrial viewpoint I could see difficulties taking anything like that onto an aircraft?

Right now, encryption still seems the better option.

What the hell are you doing with that sensitive data in that situation?
    Exposing everything - forgiving no one.

Hey Ted!.............. just go pull up your pants mate and we will all pretend that we didn't notice............... well, us blokes will at least?

You heard about that too huh?
    Oh, the memories...
    really Spec

-deleted by Eg
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymill230
    what did spec post, I wanna see
    Quote Originally Posted by outerlimit
    same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Egaladeist
    Trust me...you don't.

Hey Ted!
    loved your manifesto although about half way threw it did fly off the table by itself.

greetings nihil!
    im afraid your out teded here.
    Buissness data can be highly sensitive. if your compitition were to find out your future plans and projects being worked on, it could put thousands of people out of work.

thermite would be the way to go though. C4 could throw large enough fragments to retrive data from. thermite would just leave a whole burned in the floor where the boxen used to be....by the way how have you been?

Hi,

From a corporate point of view, this kind of devices (In my case external drives) can turn out very usefull it's very well known that corporate spionage is a big problem or even theft that can turn into a nightmare, i personnaly have to go everywhere with my professional laptop (even on vacations to not so secure destinations) since i have to be always reachable and able to mitigate crytical situations or video conferences and i can say that somethimes it's very unconfortable i would like to store sensible/restricted/Confidential data in a device similar to this and remove it from the laptop or when i have to bring documents from my Corporation to work at home (I even have a safe just to store external drives/Pens). In the case of this device i'd like to have one in a external case self powered for the features presented in the demo without self power it's pointless, the smoke seems marketing strategy to seem like some sort of Impossible Mission gadget lol i would prefer if the process was less visible. I think that a person with some knowlege in electronics would be able to make something like this, i know i will

My best regards,
    BugMaster
    Formerly known in the past as Bug_Master (10 years ago hehehe), by the way i have sent a request to Admin to recover my old profile if posssible.

Quote Originally Posted by BugMaster View Post
    Formerly known in the past as Bug_Master (10 years ago hehehe), by the way i have sent a request to Admin to recover my old profile if posssible.
    Your old profile is sitting around waiting to be used. Your profile is set to us a @surferboard.com email.. If it is still a valid address, you can use the "Forgot my Password" function.

If the address is no longer valid - send me a working address via PM. (it has to be an address that you didn't use for your new account)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    Your old profile is sitting around waiting to be used. Your profile is set to us a @surferboard.com email.. If it is still a valid address, you can use the "Forgot my Password" function.

If the address is no longer valid - send me a working address via PM. (it has to be an address that you didn't use for your new account)

Thanks for your help, i'm back to my old account even with so many negative points lol.

My best regards,
    Bug_
    -Mamma... Mamma... I want to let school !!! - kid
    -Why my dear? - Mom
    -Because i heard in television that some guy was killed because he knew to much!!!-Kid

Quote Originally Posted by instronics View Post
    Hello everyone

Just stumbled across this in the news with a small info on youtube about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLxaV...ature=youtu.be

This is really sweet.

Cheers.
    OMFG That has to be the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Sargent: "Take this sensitive information with you to the field. Use the red button if captured".

Gomer Pyle: "Yes Sir! Right away Sir".

Off goes Gomer to carry out his mission, but first he stops by his house and makes a backup copy of the sensitive data.

Or the corporate guy, or legal guy, or police chief guy, or whoever else gets their hands on that thing prior to any button being pressed.
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0