Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Library of Congress

Banned

Library of Congress

Removed
    Last edited by AaronMaxwell; April 6th, 2013 at 12:28 PM.

Out of abject curiosity: what OS and server software were they using?

What do you do for a living? Just assuming you do this in your free time?

And sadly, the government really doesn't care about libraries and the public school system.
    Yeah! pretty much the same thing over here mate, unless they don't meet "targets"

Shower of pen-pushing number crunchers
    Last edited by nihil; June 8th, 2012 at 11:46 PM. Reason: typo

Here's just a bit of the results of running

SELECT * FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES on one of my databases

dbo tblNAVWindow BASE TABLE
    dbo tblLLLayoutRevisionCastPreorder BASE TABLE
    dbo tblWEBIdealStatus BASE TABLE
    dbo tblUTLEmailQueue BASE TABLE
    dbo tblWEBIdeaNote BASE TABLE
    dbo tblALCriteriaValue BASE TABLE
    dbo tblWEBGeoLocation BASE TABLE
    dbo tblWEBIdeaPriority BASE TABLE
    dbo vwSOPFamilyGroupCategories VIEW
    dbo vwTSTimeList VIEW
    dbo tblNAVWindowDisplay BASE TABLE
    dbo tblLLLayoutRevisionAuditLog BASE TABLE
    dbo tblNOEStandard BASE TABLE
    dbo tblAMSComputerSoftware BASE TABLE

Golly Ge Whiz I hope I aint vulnerable
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Quote Originally Posted by AaronMaxwell View Post
    My school was rated as the third worst in the country. And the highest grade I reached was maybe the forth or fifth grade. The type of education I had....was a special sort.
    Don't you live in Georgia though? I don't remember how long ago it was, but I heard something about them trying to "upgrade" schools, which in the South I THINK means they're replacing the History books that refer to the Civil Rights movement as "Trouble ahead"

Anyway, I know this may sound odd, but I personally think we SHOULD make Public Schools better. I mean, my Cousin Married a guy from Georgia, and down there, the number of credits needed to graduate high school was like barely half of what you need up here, and the sad thing is, you would think that it would mean schools here are better.

Of course that's bullshit though; Detroit Schools are known for their Metal Detectors to find weapons more so than the 386 or so they expect someone to learn something from.

Public Schools here are basically shameful. I remember when I was in Junior High, I wanted to test a theory. Mind you I should have set up something to get credit for it because it would have been interesting, but basically, I wanted to test the theory that with the right words, you could actually in fact bullshit your way to high school.

I did it. I got all Es on one report card, then got bored and started spelling things with my grades. At one point I had a Report Card that was this:

D
    E
    A
    D

I thought it was funny. I aced one class to get the A, did nothing in the Second, aced a final in the first to make it a D from an E, and then, again with the last one.

When I got it back I was surprised how easy I could pick my grades though. Not one teacher ever caught on, and I eventually got kicked out of high school for being a "Problem" Student, and "An *******" and "Threats to staff and students" and being a Delinquent or whatever.

So in 10th grade I got informed I wouldn't be allowed back to my high school, and would have to finish at an Adult Education place. Basically where all the pregnant girls in Michigan USED to go before MTV started offering to pay their ****ing rent and way through life for sticking Cameras on these little whores.

So the girls were either drop outs our pregnant, or, rarely, either really old and still trying to prove something, or, someone from another state who couldn't get registered in time.

The guys at that school, were either fresh out of jail, or had been kicked out for other reasons. I met my best Friend there my first year. This school was an absolute disgrace to Schools; There were actually full grown men in there using little Apples to add and Subtract... And I don't mean the Computer....

So yea, me, who was called stupid by every teacher I had in High School, but in reality, got a 146 on the IQ test, and, along with standard ADD, got bored and in general got bad grades because I was so bored in school, I found a play ground at this place.

The "Computer Class" ACTUALLY had 5 and a quarter inch floppies.... They were still running Windows 98 too, and, in the class across from there where an idiot teacher attempted to teach English, she was still using a Classic Mac to do certain tests. She still couldn't figure out how I got through a 60 minute timed test in 12 seconds and got a 100% on it, though my best friend Mark, sitting near me, could barely not laugh since he watched me crash the app it was using and after screwing with it for a few minutes I learned how to pull up an admin panel and assign grades.

Nothing special, I mean, I wasn't trying to show off, I just didn't think I'd ever be using one of those Calculators for school work in MY life time.

So anyway, this school as I said, was terrible; They had almost no Security either, and after my first few semesters there, Mark and I were told to leave the class and go outside and smoke whenever the System Admin for the ENTIRE School District in the City, would show up. We weren't allowed to talk to him either lol, they actually told him on the first time he came in that "ANYTHING those two say to you, do NOT listen! They will trick you out of Passwords and anything else they deem entertaining!" And, oddly enough, the Year Mark and I met there, they changed the school handbook to include Computer Hacking in the School Handbook lol. It wasn't even in there yet, so we couldn't get in trouble the first semester we met, so we had a blast.

We managed to get Black Sabbath to play and took over the PA system at one point, and in general, had a ball and made a lot of Computer Teachers quit.

My point other than fun, of course, is that schools here, are TOTALLY unequipped to handle teaching properly.

Computer Science is an obvious thing I'm interested in, but it's not ALL I'm into; I also like History, and anything to do with codes of some sort, and to some extent, I enjoy Writing, and not just lyrics, but the study of words.

Anyway, my 20 page post is now complete (Sorry about that spec, didn't mean to jack your **** bro lol but I agreed with you in a huge way on this one, and wanted to point out some of my own experiences).

Hmmmm,

"My school was absolutely excellent..................it was even approved by Her Majesty's Secretary of State for Home Affairs"

LOL smart ass. Next you'll be saying you went to Torchwood

But I did........

Well, to a Bar close by the overpass...................

The local brew is "Brains' SA"..................

The "SA" is "Special Ale" according to the brewery, but is translated into "Skull Attack" by the Welsh locals.

Kills all known aliens

Someone in England has started serving the Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster? Odd, I thought Canada was the only place to get one of those Are the ones there 4.2 Ounces and 42 pounds each?