Thread: Library of Congress

?

20 ounces (fluid that is)

£42?

Nah...............FOC to me

Well it had to be 42! It's the answer

Sir!

The answer is 2A or 101010

Even this Ubuntu crap knows that....................although it did ask for my password before I could tell you

Their version of UAC?

// off topic//

Given the impending demise of Windows XP, and my recent discovery that Windows8 won't support older hardware....................I will have at least two boxes to dedicate to Unix (BSD varietal)...................still have my usual messing around stuff of course

//

I think that it is 52 in Octal? but that has been over 20 years ago.......................closer to 30 now I think about it
    Last edited by nihil; June 17th, 2012 at 08:48 PM. Reason: alcohol

Smart ass

But as for the other thing you brought up; I too find it weird that the age of XP is actually dying. Remember how it was? 2001 and it comes out, with System Requirements we ALL bitched about at first (at least those of us who weren't working but in College then, like me) and then, seeing it was truly based on NT, and that Microsoft had finally, after all these years, let DOS die. Which of course is fine, because it made someone decide they would make Free DOS, which is actually kind of neat.

I personally hung out with a best friend who LOVED DOS, and would use it all the time. He had some old hardware he still used this stuff on. But yes, Microsoft saying XP is having the plug pulled, I think they are making a good decision.

Most of my hardware can't handle much else other than Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition, which I actually got running on my old Pentium 3, which, is now my FTP Server, running Slackware.

As for BSD, have you used it much before this? I only ask because if you haven't I think you'll like it; BSD isn't like other OSs, in that you have a choice; If the newest Shiniest version of BSD doesn't work on your Hardware, you are totally free to download and install an older version that still supports your older hardware!

I think this is possible, because even though they too don't support every version for forever, they also use Source updates and upgrades a lot.

When I first got into FreeBSD, it took a while to get used to, because I didn't really have experience upgrading the WHOLE damn OS from Source Code.