July 4th, 2012, 04:38 PM
How to configure Cisco Systems VPN client v5
I tried to Google for the below phrase (and many others) :
Looking for a document shows step by step walk-through how to configure Cisco Systems VPN client v5.0.07 (IPSec) to connect a mobile laptop (windows 7) over the internet to a small LAN office behind one of those branded router (D-link, Netgear , Linksys,,,etc).
Previously I have used TheGreen Bow but not Cisco System VPN client
Below Cisco URL wasn't too much helpful for me
Last edited by zillah; July 4th, 2012 at 05:13 PM.
July 6th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Hope this helps:>
Use VPN Client for Highly Secure Connectivity
Establish encrypted VPN tunnels with the Cisco VPN Client for highly secure remote connectivity for your mobile employees or teleworkers.
Simple to deploy and use, our IPSecurity (IPsec) -based VPN client is compatible with all Cisco VPN products
The Cisco VPN Client:
Gain VPN Client Support and Compatibility
The Cisco VPN Client supports:
- XP, Vista (x86/32-bit only), Windows 7 (x86/32-bit only), and Windows x64 (64-bit). Windows x64 support also provided by Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client
- Linux (Intel)
- Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.5
- Solaris UltraSPARC (32- and 64-bit)
The Cisco VPN Client is included with Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances
(except ASA 5505) and works with the following products:
- Cisco 7600/Catalyst 6500 IPsec VPN Services Module and VPN shared port adapter with Cisco IOS Software Release 12.2SX and later
- Cisco VPN 3000 Series Concentrator Software Version 3.0 and later
- Cisco IOS Software Release 12.2(8)T and later
- Cisco PIX Security Appliance Software Version 6.0 and later
- Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 7.0 and later
Now here's the main important part :>
Get the Client
Here are instructions for downloading the Cisco VPN Client:
- If you have a SMARTnet support contract and encryption entitlement, download the free Cisco VPN Client.
- If you do not have a SMARTnet support contract and encryption entitlement, get the Cisco VPN Client on CD from your reseller. Use the Partner Locator to find a reseller.
- If you don't know, ask your IT department whether they already have the Cisco VPN Client.
July 23rd, 2012, 07:45 PM
Can anyone give me advice here about which is the best vpn service would be good for playing online games on remote server. I am just starting to look into them and there are many terms I'm not familiar with or even know if I need to have them like which one is better?, PPTP, L2TP, and many more.
By Ghost_25inf in forum Network Security Discussions
Last Post: February 9th, 2006, 11:27 PM
By SDK in forum Network Security Discussions
Last Post: January 6th, 2005, 06:12 AM
By Noble Hamlet in forum AntiOnline's General Chit Chat
Last Post: March 17th, 2002, 09:38 AM
By antihaxor in forum Non-Security Archives
Last Post: January 24th, 2002, 05:42 PM
By virtaava in forum The Security Tutorials Forum
Last Post: December 10th, 2001, 08:08 PM