Which company laptop is best
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which company laptop is best

Right now I have DV5 Pavilion HP Laptop and running quite well but have bit problem in speed. Looking for new laptop for some well reputation manufacturer....Help needed for which is the best one with high speed and which specification I should kept in mind at purchasing time. Also want to know about the Screen size as which size is best (15", 15.4", 15.6", 16").

Administrator
    Should start by measuring your current monitor size and then decide if you want to go smaller or larger... They go up to 17" which is nice if you do any video related work.

Should probably also go to a local retailer and check em out.

Finding a lappy with Win 7 is getting harder to do by the day since Win 8 was released.

If the machine gets carried around a LOT, might want to consider a business class machine since they are built more sturdy... but cost more.

I have more experience with Dell's and would lean towards them if I were going to get one.

Super Moderator
    Best to eyeball them. Toshiba has always been a good brand for me. Never any problems with them.

I think that sonny brand laptop is the best. Because their product high quality strong format, nice looking design and comfortable price for buying.

I would prefer sony brand laptop!

Super Moderator: GMT Zone nihil's Avatar
    Rather an old thread but still worth a reply given that there has been no feedback from the OP.

The best laptop brandname is Alienware, and very nice if you can afford one! They now belong to Dell.

Otherwise they are all pretty much the same as they manufacture to price points.

The OP mentions a 2008 product that was noted for below average performance, but it is a PC, so Apples don't count? It would most likely have shipped with Windows Vista, which doesn't help.

You just need to look at your requirements and buy the best value that meets them.

The only problem mentioned is speed, so look for an Intel i5 with 6~8GB of DDR3/1333MHz RAM.
    If you cannot do someone any good: don't do them any harm....
    As long as you did this to one of these, the least of my little ones............you did it unto Me.
    What profiteth a man if he gains the entire World at the expense of his immortal soul?

Super Moderator
    A Toshiba about $600 does everything I want done right spiffy. But then, I do not game or do video work on one either.

I do not bother too much with the consumer targeted models. The business models are usually built with quality parts. Their efficient design allows them to usually stay cooler and quieter than their consumer counterparts. All this at the same time as being quite stylish; well in my opinion anyway. Some may beg to differ, I happen to like the brushed aluminum look. That being said, its a toss up between HP and Dell....

Quote Originally Posted by chaosclown View Post
    I do not bother too much with the consumer targeted models. The business models are usually built with quality parts. Their efficient design allows them to usually stay cooler and quieter than their consumer counterparts. All this at the same time as being quite stylish; well in my opinion anyway. Some may beg to differ, I happen to like the brushed aluminum look. That being said, its a toss up between HP and Dell....
    I enjoyed my HP professional level notebook, the power jack broke on me though :/ In general I totally agree. If you want a great machine, you have to pay for it. Business class notebooks are way better. I'm not a giant apple fan, but the newest macbook pros are just amazing. If I am going to buy a new one, it would be one of those. The build quality is great and the screen is awesome.

Accer and Dell offer some decent laptops at affordable prices. But I believe HP reign above them all in terms of design and individuality.