Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: help finding a *job* because I have a felony conviction.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jennagou...-at-home-jobs/

Yea Steve is correct. Working from home may by your best bet. Or starting your own business. If what you posted is true, even the Army wont take you. (The U.S. Army will enlist almost anyone with felonie convections during war time. But not you... Man that's one hell of a list!
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    WOW.... Is that really your list? In your opening post you made it sound "singular" as in one conviction.

No offense, but as you know - there are tons of people looking for work that have never been arrested... When push comes to shove and all else being equal - the non felon is going to pretty much always get selected.

Most of the previous post will still apply.... Start your own business or team up with another one man show that needs the help.

I'm not proud Steve R Jones but yes that is my list. I'm very embarrassed by it. I feel like the black sheep of the family. To Steve R Jones I have only "1" felony conviction the rest are simple misdeameanors. Back to issue at hand ---> All I know is When it comes to computers, networking, internet security, database security etc... not to sound cocky but I know my ****...

No offense, but as you know - there are tons of people looking for work that have never been arrested... When push comes to shove and all else being equal - the non felon is going to pretty much always get selected.

No offense taken Steve I completely agree with you.

If what you posted is true, even the Army wont take you. (The U.S. Army will enlist almost anyone with felonie convections during war time. But not you... Man that's one hell of a list!

I'm not lying dinowuff I have no need to. Funny, you mention the Army because about 2 months ago I called them and they said they wouldn't accept me because of the charges I have not to mention the cut off age i believe is 32.

to Aaron Maxwell you just keep writing checks YOU'RE ASS CAN'T CASH! Keep *****ing with me I want you too you. PS That image is plastered on the net!!!

Honestly, I don't think "my list" is that bad. Compared to some people I know. Bottom line is I moved away from Oneco in Manatee county to get away from fellow gang bangers who were going to prison and dying, and people who would get me in trouble. From 1991-2002 in 2002 I moved to Miami to start a new life and I end up getting a record here. I grew up in the hood/projects I don't blame that for a second but I think it's true you can take the man out of the hood, but you can' take the hood out of the man.

PS; To the guy who said change your identity and your ss number more information is needed and yes i am down for it

Dude:

Don't **** with your SSN!

Create an s or c corp. You can do it online for free.

Say you are creating the corp from a DBA. Open a corporate bank account and run all your expenses through the corporation. (Do it legally).

After 5 or so years your Corp will have excellent credit and you can borrow, rent, get credit cards through the corporation.

So instead of having to steal or create (illegally) another identification, just create a new (Legal) one.

Also, if you screw up a job - your personal assets cannot be attached in the law suit.

There are many other benifits - it is not a waste of money!
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

My long rant.

Yeah it's tough living in the information age. I don't have a felony conviction and I can't find a job. 7 years ago I got jumped by 2 people in Minneapolis, MN. I defended myself after being punched 40 times. I had somebody on my back punching me on the back of the head and somebody in front of me punching me in the face. I punched the dude in front of me 1 time and fractured his face. I got charged with 3rd degree assault and a year later the horse**** attorney who I hire pressured me in to pleading guilty with a stay of imposition which he said would reduce the conviction to a misdemeanor after I successfully completed probation. (Which I did)

A year ago I quit my fairly high paying management position of 12 years after getting in an arguement with the IDIOT self appointed General Manager. I was confident with my skills, experience and with a solid work history I was confident that I would have a better higher paying job within a month.

Hennepin County did very little to change the final disposition of my conviction and everytime I've been offered a conditional job offer since, my record comes back mistakenly as me being convicted of a felony. I dispute this and the background companies acknowledge the mistake 2 weeks to a month later, after they had finished their investigation. By then the "position is filled" or they are "pursuing other candidates". I have applied to more than 1000 jobs in the past year, been to 100 job interviews, and received nearly 50 conditional job offers...conditional job offers contingent on a criminal background check. I've had employers tell me on many occasions that I will be hired provided that my background check is returned without a felony conviction, I'm still unemployed and I lost my home and had to move back to my parents house and I'm now on assistance.

I've been writing to The MN State Legislature suggesting that Hennepin County needs to realize how incredibly stupid the people working in hr departments and background screening companies are and more prominently display the final disposition of a persons criminal case. Laws need to be created to regulate the information which background screening companies are using. In my case it has been inaccurate or incomplete everytime. These companies being allowed to operate with impunity has ruined my life. The legal system, employers, government and state officials need to realize that rendering people unemployable is the number one factor for increased crime rates and the condition of our economy. If you eliminate 10% of the population from the workforce you are eliminating a lot of talent.

Being unemployable is a hollow, horrible and helpless feeling which is hard to describe to somebody who hasn't experienced it.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronMaxwell View Post
    Not every cop wants to be your damned therapist and work out the details of who started a fight. Not every employer wants to hear you whine about how the world owes you something. Its your first post here. Do you always introduce yourself with a sob story? If so, I can certainly see why those guys beat you up...
    Yeah it was a long rant and a sob story, I apologize for that. I honestly don't feel like the world owes me anything and I don't whine to employers. I just want to be judged for what I'm actually convicted of so I have a chance of gaining employment at some point. Most employers will not hire me with the misdemeanor conviction which I have, no employers will hire me while their under the impression that I am convicted of a felony.The ts explains how it feels to walk in his shoes as a convicted felon, I'm walking in those shoes yet I'm not a convicted felon.

I wish that I was beaten up during that altercation, then I wouldn't be dealing my current situation. The only person who got injured was the dude who I punched. That is why I was charged and prosecuted instead of them. Cops do not care who start fights or who was right or wrong. All they care about is arresting the person who inflicted the damage.

The point that I am trying to make is that while I was attending court the prosecuter, my probation officer, and my attorney all told me that if I accepted the plea agreement which I did and successfully completed probation (which I did), that I wouldn't have a felony conviction on my record. I specifically asked all of them if future potential employers would be able to detect if I was convicted of a felony, and they all answered no. I was told as recently as a couple of months ago by all of them to answer the dreaded question of "Have you ever been convicted of a felony?" as NO. When I answer no to that question employers thing that I'm a convicted felon who is also a liar.

Don't you see a problem with this?