i need to address a technical problem i have been experiencing and i believe you could save myself a-lot of money and time by answering a question i have in regards to ' Mac-changer ' & Ubuntu.

I will try to make it as easy as possible for you.

I used to use macchanger with my old Toshiba NB-550 using a Atheros PCI wifi card. And that worked fine, But i threw away my laptop.

And for the past 6 months i have been wasting money buying different laptops that support "Mac spoofing". And none have worked, They successfully change my MAC address but it is impossible to connect to ANY WI-fi. I have done many controlled tests and the result is the same every time. I can only gain Internet access with my hard-coded MAC address. If i change it it just times out the authentication and does never connect.

I just bought a new Acer Aspire s7 with a atheros ar9462 internal, As i just spent $1700 it is important i get this working.

The only time i can spoof my mac is in backtrack 5r3 and when finally connect it drops out every 3 minutes.

I would be happy to pay someone for their time spent as it is imperitive that i get this working.

Just in case your wondering i have also tried the "ifconfig wlan0 hw ether XX:XX:XX:XX:XX method as well which has the same failing result.

This problem is time and time again showing up on Linux forums but is never truly addressed.

And please note i am aware of the affect that mac address filtering has and i have tried both filtered and non-filtered both being unsuccessful.

I dearly appreciate any time you can spare in my troubles.