Quote Originally Posted by ac09 View Post
My suspicions: Trojan Horse or Virus of some sort from a pirated torrent of Office I downloaded to my Mac
Trojan or Virus from BackTrack5 - downloaded to my Mac and Avast Scan gave me a warning on this file, as well as another file "boot.root loader" that was in my "Resources" folder.
Any one of my online accounts is compromised in some way: twitter email accounts, maybe even my apple ID ( passwords were all changed after my visit to the Apple store)
FlashBack Trojan from Adobe, I recently downloaded Adobe Acrobat Pro Trial recently on my Mac before this started to happen and Apple has dedicated a section to Adobe on their security page https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-2472
user seems to know just what he did wrong at least, first rule of torrents, don't trust the content : second rule of torrent, don't trust the content. can see this is a little old now, and OP hasn't bothered or been able to get back, would imagine he has figured out that deleting suspect torrent, and running full scale security sweep on system in safe mode will have helped, probably system restore too. Also noticed he said WPA key has been changed, so it is a fairly safe bet he is on his way to cleaning it up, but again, the question NOW is how do we engage with a member to make then WANT to come back and let us know it is all now OK, because, I, for one, am now getting to the point that help is no longer so easily given, as I really DO like the happy endings, and with no further input we will never truly know