Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How both MBO and CPU ended up dead?

Friend of Site Staff
    which card? Make and model please post.

The graphics card is: xfx hd 645x zqh2
    the new mobo is: fm2 a55m e33
    cpu: a6 5400k

I specifically asked the guy if this mobo and cpu would work with my graphics card and he says "oh sure" :|
    Please see the attached pictures I took
    photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 4.jpg

see the blue and black lines in Photo 1
    photo 2 is when I choose the start windows normally option. I mean if I wanna go to the usual account not safe mode or other stuff, this is the error that happens

First time I reinstalled os, I was obviously in the normal account (not safe mode). so I installed everything in the mobo dvd. Then I restarted and after that I was unable to install the xfx dvd drivers saying "failed to load detection driver". (so you realize that I was able to use the normal account once before restart). I would get this "failed to.." error in the safe modes ...

Then I tried to reinstall the os again. This time when I was in the normal account after re-installation, I installed the xfx dvd first and then restarted and as you can guess, was unable to use the normal account anymore so now the mobo drivers are not installed (but what's the difference? sigh). and although apparently I installed the xfx driver right after installation of windows, I still get the photo 4 errors (can't remember what I was doing that it gave me this error! maybe I right clicked on the desktop and chose AMD graphics option to see if I can change anything ....)

People say (on forums) that this "failed to .." error is caused in the safe modes. I tried low resolution option but the blue page (photo 2) is what I got and again, I'm not able to use start windows normally ...

Thanks for your attention Shay
    Last edited by boyboy400; July 8th, 2013 at 05:27 AM.

Friend of Site Staff
    XFX HD-645X-ZQH2 Radeon HD 6450 is the card.
    So get the correct driver for your OS here
    http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/drivers.aspx

Shay the OS I installed is the one I had from the beginning. I have the original DVD for the card drivers. It gives me errors when I try to install the driver! I cannot go to the normal mode and when I'm in the safe mode it says "failed to load detection driver"...
    I'll give it another shot tonight but I'm not optimistic. spent a long time yesterday trying to install the drivers with no success

Friend of Site Staff
    Figured you were using the cd and is why I got the link.

Actually again I wasn't able to turn on the computer last night ....
    I showed it to some more pro computer repair guys ... they tested the power supply again and told me it wasn't fine :|
    He changed the PS but still no graphics .. then removed the graphics card and it was fine so concluded the graphics had problems too ... sigh
    so although the PS and graphics card have both warranty but I bought a new PS and decided I was going to be fine with only mobo graphics for a while ...
    I'll try to set up the PS tonight and hopefully there will be no problems any more ...
    Thanks again

why is this happening to me? (((((
    I took the pc to a pro store as I said. The guy tested the rams, ps, graphics card and concluded the graphics card and ps were not working fine.
    So like I said I bought a new ps, came home, assembled it and NO video
    this happened to him too. At one point we were not getting any video either in the store. can't remember what he did but clearly remember he said "no video...if this doesn't work I don't know what else to do" ... eventually we got some video from bios in the store ...
    now it's happening again...
    for the first couple of times when I turned on the pc tonight and I didn't have any video, I would hold the power bottom to shut down. Now this doesn't work either. I have to take the cord out of ps to shut down the pc (because have no video). so add this to the misery
    The only thing I can think about is this PCI-E cord in the ps has 6 "things" but the one on the mobo needs 4. Can this be the problem? please see the attachment. I'm talking about the yellow and black cord on the top. I connected it anyways but am guessing maybe this is the source of problem ... what do you do if your cord has 6 "things" and you need 4?
    I don't really know what else to do....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Friend of Site Staff
    JpWr2: AtX 4-pin power Connector
    this connector provides 2V power to the Cpu.
    Check the manual for to see where the neg terminal is and look at the connector.
    You want pin 3 [black] 4- 6 [yellow]
    http://pcsupport.about.com/od/inside...in-12v-psu.htm

it's fixed
    That AtX connector was the problem .. There is one with 6 pins and one with 8 pins. I was connecting the 6 pins to my 4-pins mobo. Tonight, I connected 4 of that 8-pins cord and now it works
    Thank you so much Shay .. really hope it works for at least one year, I've had enough headaches )

Friend of Site Staff
    Glad to read the good news. That MSI board should be good for a good number of years. Have gotten 10 years with 5 of them.