Thread: Suggestions for command Line A/V scanner for use in automation process.

Question Suggestions for command Line A/V scanner for use in automation process.

If you have experience with an antivirus antimalware product (commercial or free) that can be run entirely from the command line I'd like you to speak up. I'm looking to find a program that I can call remotely using pstools. The program will scan for viruses or malware and save a log file of the results.

Any ideas?
    "Do you know why the system is slow?" they ask

"It's probably something to do with..." I look up today's excuse ".. clock speed"
    -BOFH

I have been out of things for a while, and I don’t know what you are trying to do with this, but since you have had no takers maybe I can get things started.

The first thing that comes to mind when you say command line is ClamAV .
    I however have never used their Windows version ( Immunet ) or the “portable” version made by someone else called ClamWin , but you might want to check them out.

Many of the top anti-virus products have command line functions, you might want to check whatever you are using.

I have in the past used ( before Trend Micro went to the “Cloud” ) a program called Sysclean with success, but never remotely, and usually in safe mode, although it is possible to do both.

( Be advised, Immunet also uses the cloud, and according to what I have read, so will ClamAV if they ever get around to it. Time to look for another Unix antivirus? )
    " And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be" --Miguel Cervantes

Why?

We all know that most AV products are well past their sell by date, and pretty much useless?

?????

I have not use this scanner. I don't know about it.