Hey everyone, its been quite a while. Just popping in to say hello. I'm curious to know if there is anyone I know still hanging around these parts of the interwebz? Anyways, I also was thinking recently about the whole hacker culture and how people generally are hesitant to teach others computer security stuff like exploits, how one gains access to another's machine, gaining database access, etc. usually for the purpose of better securing their own equipment. I guess my question is, have you experienced this / is this still often the case? And also, if you've found this to be true, why do you think this is the case?

I just think its interesting, because I've been studying computers for more years than I can remember, and sometimes my feeling of the whole secretive, people not sharing info, etc. makes me feel like there's something I'm missing even though I know quite a bit. I guess its just like, "well no one has shared any of these super-secret secrets with me, maybe that's why I think I'd make a horrible hacker". You know what I mean? Or is it just me? I'm not sure how much freedom of speech there is on this forum, so I'm not going to share my general thought process on how someone would gain access to a machine, but I do feel it would help the discussion. Ok, I'm done rambling.