Thread: Starting from the Beginning

Starting from the Beginning

Hello Everyone,

I am a recruiter in the utility industry. We are successful at what we do but a major part of this job is knowledge and understanding. One of the growing fields in the industry is cyber security and I have been tasked with expanding this portion of our business. The problem is I don't really know where to start. Recruiting is an interesting field in that i need to know basically everything but nothing particularly in depth. I need to be able to qualify candidates and basically be able to tell if they are full of **** or not. So i guess my question is where is the best place to start?

Thank you in advance for everyone's help on this.

Sean

Hello Sean,

I think the best place to start is to have a good understanding of the cyber security field as a whole. You should research what kind of roles are available and understand the different skill sets required for each. This knowledge will help you when you are interviewing and assessing candidates since you will be able to identify the right skills and competencies they need to have. Additionally, you should also look into industry certifications and certifications from the SANS Institute or other similar organizations. This will give you a more comprehensive understanding of the field, and it will help you spot qualified candidates. Finally, I suggest networking with other organizations and individuals in the cyber security field to gain a better understanding of the roles and industry. Good luck!

Best,

Benjamin