Thread: How to hide a computer from uniquely identified online other than by MAC address

Question How to hide a computer from uniquely identified online other than by MAC address

I use Microsoft OS. For any private searches, websites, I use VPN.

I am curious to know how a computer could be uniquely identified by some one (ISP, FBI, NSA etc) other than the computers MAC address. I tried changing SID but it was crashing my system. I know tools like OSFuscate cant fool tools like Satori which is used for OS fingerprinting.

1. Would it be possible to access the unique processor id or Hard disk id online?

2. What is the best way to hide OS information online. Any other tools other than OSFuscate?

3. How to Spoof system info online (Not spoofing MAC Address)?

4. Is there any way to change the uniqueness of my system each time before I go online each time?

5. I set my DNS server in my network adapter settings. But it reverts back to nill each time I restarts the machine. Any way to set the DNS address permanently for a network adapter - dnscrypt ?

Appreciate any help...

Friend of Site Staff
    DNS server - check your router manual. You maybe able to disable the auto dns in it and then you will be able to set it.
    Last edited by Shay; March 12th, 2015 at 07:30 AM.

Thanks Shay, Would someone be able to answer my other questions please...

Any help regarding my queries?

Quote Originally Posted by annthomasmathew View Post
    I use Microsoft OS. For any private searches, websites, I use VPN.

I am curious to know how a computer could be uniquely identified by some one (ISP, FBI, NSA etc) other than the computers MAC address. I tried changing SID but it was crashing my system. I know tools like OSFuscate cant fool tools like Satori which is used for OS fingerprinting.

1. Would it be possible to access the unique processor id or Hard disk id online?

2. What is the best way to hide OS information online. Any other tools other than OSFuscate?

4. Is there any way to change the uniqueness of my system each time before I go online each time?

5. I set my DNS server in my network adapter settings. But it reverts back to nill each time I restarts the machine. Any way to set the DNS address permanently for a network adapter - dnscrypt ?

Appreciate any help...
    Any help regarding the above queries?

Quote Originally Posted by annthomasmathew View Post
    Any help regarding the above queries?

No, not without remote access to the machine.

By either not providing it, or simply obfuscating it. There are several browsers designed for privacy such as http://www.srware.net/en/software_sr...n_download.php

You can manually set things such as User Agent in the browser, or change TCP TTL in the registry.

You could theoretically create a script that forces regeneration of things such as SSL key pairs, changes the user agent, etc.

The network adapter settings shouldn't change on their own unless there is a secondary application running that might be overwriting it. Uninstall the network software and use bare drivers rather than the OEM application.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.