Thread: I have an old system running Dell dell poweredge 400sc running XP and in the BIOS it

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar

I have an old system running Dell dell poweredge 400sc running XP and in the BIOS it

I have an old system running a Dell power edge 400sc running XP and in the BIOS it states diskette drive not installed and same with CDROM and HDD(not installed). No settings were changed in the bios and now it's showing this error message. I'm thinking there is a setting in the BIOS to enable it? But there is NO option to factory reset the BIOS.

Now, I'm trying to do a clean install of windows xp (customer request) and the CDROM drive is not even opening to do this.. any suggestions? Even when I use the small pin method it will still not load off the CD.

in the BIOS it states diskette drive, not installed and same with CDROM and HDD.(NOT INSTALLED MESSAGE) IDE it uses, No settings were changed in the bios and now it's showing this error message.

Now, I'm trying to do a clean install of windows xp (customer request) and the CDROM drive is not even opening to do this.. any suggestions? All help is greatly appreciated.

In an attempt to force the CMOS to forget its current settings, remove the CMOS battery for say 15 minutes or so.
    Rad

I would never install a dead product, if your getting paid to do this too then its even worse. Also why would you install a desktop O/S on a server.