dcsimg

Thread: Is Trucaller App safe to use?

Is Trucaller App safe to use?

Hi, I am new here. In fact, this is my first post.
    I have Truecaller App in my Mate 10 Lite and when I first opened the app and it asked me to use this app as the default call and messaging app. I have allowed it for now but I had a concern if this app is really stealing my data or not?
    After seeing what happened with CCleaner, I am little worried here.

Since you don't know anyone on this site, you might as well google:

Truecaller App reviews

And find article like-> https://www.lifewire.com/truecaller-app-4047272

TrueCaller Cons
    TrueCaller has shown to be inaccurate in certain cases, but it is overwhelmingly accurate. Moreover, the app is still driven by advertisement. Though it features ads, these are quite discreet and not intrusive.

The biggest downside of the app and the service is the question of privacy, security, and intrusion. Right from the start, especially when you learn how it works and when you go through the installation process, there is something intimidating and freaky about it. If privacy is not a big issue for you and you don't mind your links going public, you will enjoy the call blocking and effective name-number matching the app offers. But if you mind your privacy and that of others, read below.

None of those services are free there you're they'd fund a bunch of ads
    It

it has bunch off ads and just have a little benefits

Trucaller isnít safe at all. Their Database isnít encrypted. If anyone hacked their database, he will get all information of the users and their contacts easily

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    Since you don't know anyone on this site, you might as well google:

Truecaller App reviews

And find article like-> https://www.revglue.com/bespoke

TrueCaller Cons
    TrueCaller has shown to be inaccurate in certain cases, but it is overwhelmingly accurate. Moreover, the app is still driven by advertisement. Though it features ads, these are quite discreet and not intrusive.

The biggest downside of the app and the service is the question of privacy, security, and intrusion. Right from the start, especially when you learn how it works and when you go through the installation process, there is something intimidating and freaky about it. If privacy is not a big issue for you and you don't mind your links going public, you will enjoy the call blocking and effective name-number matching the app offers. But if you mind your privacy and that of others, read below.
    Hi guys, I am also new here. Thanks Steve for this information. Most of the free apps available online are shady, even when you download them from the Google App store and Specially if you download them from an unknown source or via torrent. Best way to protect yourself is to stick with the default apps from your mobile phone and download apps from a trusted source so that you wont have to face the consequences.