Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: trojan horse

Cool IM's

I use AIM, and sometimes it acts alittle funky at times. I would also suggest you defraging your box as well, however, it may be a long process. Have you ran scandisk? If you have, then there's another problem, if you haven't please run is thoroughly. Scandisk isn't always a problem solver, but it helps.

Those zip files you found can not be the source of the problem because they are ziped. You'll have to run what's inside of the zipfile for any actions on your box to take effect. There might be a trojan in SUNSEVEN.ZIP, or it may be the sub7 program itself. As for girlfriend.zip, it would be more that likely to be something harmfull. TIP: don't unzip files you don't know how you got, what's in them, or how to use them.

For a VERY last resort, I would have to back up my stuff, and restore my computer and reinstall everything again. But of course, that would be a last resort.
    Viper

Banned

zipped S7?

Maybe a late reaction, but then again...

I actually don't see what the problem is having the subseven.ZIP -file on your PC. Unless you unzip it, of course...
    But it's of course true that (good) AV-scanners will warn u for them (that's what they are designed for, after all..).

One more thing: Subseven doesn't just pop up! (The S7Bonus - zipped - is a 1.35MB file, don't know about the other one), so unless u have one of those T3-lines or whatever freaking fast connections u have back there, it doens't sneak in unnoticed.

What's the story on those T3-connections anyway (just curious, I remember them from Morpheus, the fastest I've ever seen - compared to my ADSL, that is...)

Banned
    And of course, I posted this before I read Vipers reaction....
    Sorry bout that...

delete

You need just do delete the files girlfriends.zip and subseven.zip

Subseven is a trojan, and girlfriends a virus.

Exclamation Several Problems there

First off just because the file looks like it is a zip file does not mean that is the full extension. I have seen many zips with an added exe or bat that is hidden. You also need to make sure that your virus scanned looks in COMPRESSED files!!! THis is an option on most and you have to check it. As for AIM it has been having a lot of problems lately. When it starts to lock up right click on my computer......click on properties... click on performance and see what system resources you have percentage wise. What OS are you using by the way. To check your registries you can click start.....run....type in regedit....then check your registry.

Good LucK!!!

Angry AVP

Man you need AVP's for mor scan...is good for trjan horses..

Banned
    Good for trojan horses? I'm afraid that's not exactly what we're looking for.