Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ZoneAlarm

Thumbs up ZoneAlarm

Well, recently, I downloaded ZoneAlarm from Zone Labs and I was very pleased with it's firewall abilities. Very nice piece of software, with many, many options availiable for use with it.

Good stuff
    Usually, no one cares what I think... If I\'m lucky, maybe YOU will :-)

--Alexander Paul Baston

Thumbs up

I have been running Zonealarm since it was advertised on Antionline news page..
    Think its total count of crashes or failures stands @ 8 now.(thats not many in time frame)
    Until recently i have liked it in everyway..But since now i need to use A.I.M to chat to some friends from here(I.R.C Gone )It has crashed Zonealarm 3 times in last 2 days..
    I read that topic on Zips appearing when "a.i.m" had crashed on somebody but nothing like that has shown up so i just take it A.I.M needs to be configured to a port and will work on that part....

OVERALL..ZONEALARM Is O.K

"Hog" cant get past it!! Just yet??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Computer Forensics
    no...not yet.

AIM doesn't always cause problems....for some people it works fine(like me) others have mounds of problems with it.
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

I also have zone alarm, and very much enjoy what it doing. I have been protected against netbios attacks as well as DoS attacks at my HTTP. I have had very very Few problems with the program crashing and would reccomend it to anyone thats needs a good free firewall, espeacially to newbies

Cool

I had many problems with zone alarm and could never find out why,so I erased it.
    It's clearly that it's a good product though,for many users.
    Jeff-UK

I agree with you guys zonealarm is an excellent product and it is free what more could one want...

The only problem i have had with it is whn i go to irc , then i have to lower the security settings to medium until it gets connected and then i can raise it up again.
    Smile ... tomorrow will be worse

It's free and it works, I mean i've never had that problem with IRC, I mean i can get on the antionline icr chat and still have it set at high security

Question

Quandasar: what IRC program are you using?
    \"If you torture the data enough, it will confess.\" --Ronald Coase

I am using IrcN the newest version , i dont remember the release numer though ...
    Any ideas ?
    Smile ... tomorrow will be worse

Arrow

I just d/led IrcN and it worked fine for me...very strange - couldn't find anything on ZoneAlarm's site nor anywhere else on the internet.
    \"If you torture the data enough, it will confess.\" --Ronald Coase