Thread: Windows 98

Exclamation Windows 98

Hello.
    I am using windows 98 and I am getting interested in hacking. For right now I am trying to learn TCP/IP. Anyway, are there any hacking tools I can download to A.)make windows 98 more secure (I have a firewall) and B.)Enable myself to do a little advanced computing on my windows box. I am going to get linux but I still wanna learn hacking on win98. Anyway that's it. I'd ask about tcp/ip books except that I already have and most of the responses came in the chat room.
    See ya

Ask Why?

\"The most incomprehensible thing about the world, is that it is at all comprehensible\" -Albert Einstein

I'd give actual information, but I don't want to get Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (although some now dispute whether it really exists as opposed to a normal condition for some people)...

So here's an URL: Guides to (mostly) Harmless Hacking. Pretty good beginner resource, there are some Windows-specific sections. Just read them all in some sort of order and you will know a bit more than you did before. (I would hope, anyway, seeing that the whole bunch makes a rather large amount of text...)
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

I have already read that site and I didn't learn hardly anything (except how to erase bios, but I learned that from my A+ book anyway). I am looking mostly for tools.

Ask Why?

\"The most incomprehensible thing about the world, is that it is at all comprehensible\" -Albert Einstein

Arrow Go Here

Originally posted by Punkin
    I have already read that site and I didn't learn hardly anything (except how to erase bios, but I learned that from my A+ book anyway). I am looking mostly for tools.
    This Thread.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Punkin,

Try here for a decent tutorial called Digital Voodoo.

You can also try here for your choice of scanners.

Punkin,
    I think you should read harmless hacking article. Its useful for newbies. get a real UNIX(for exp: freebsd) and try to learn it. You must read as much as you can about networking , security , unix etc.
    beginner hacking tutorials could be useful too.