Thread: telnet

Question telnet

Hey im a bit of a newbie and have just been introduced to telnet.
    sending fake emails can be be fun but it has its limitations. im lookin for some more interesting things to use telnet for, so if anyone can give me any pointers or tips they would be greatly appreciated.

" i wanna **** you in the ass saturday, i **** you in the ass next wednesday instead. wooo weeee, your days comming wednesday baby" - jesus, the big lebowski.
    <marquee>Nobody ****s with the jesus ! </marquee>

Telnet eh'?

Yeah, smtp relay is alot of fun sometimes. Some other ideas would be to actual use telnet like it should be used. Jump into servers and find out if the anonymous account allows for read/write perms. Another thing to use telnet for is to find out what they are running on certain ports. This is old school I know but banner grabbing is still useful. Instead of telneting to port 25 like you seem to be doing, try port 80 and see what it tells you. Just some ideas, hope it helps.

Script Kidde paradise

This is really sad......

but I do like this guy

Eh'?

Chris,

Which is so sad the answer or the post? Maybe you would be content if people started asking questions dealing with more difficult entries??

Try telneting to ip 127.0.0.1 attempting ports 1 - 65500 and tell us what you find.

Question telnet on port 80

hey @ all
    i have connect my pc with the port 80 (http) of an webserver, because i would know what server is running there...
    but this bad thing don't send any banners and if i press ENTER it sends me **** html-code and that is not good for an telnet-connection: connection terminated.
    my question: which web-servers don't send their banners??
    is it iis from micro$oft??

sorry for my bad english

i'm hoping for your help

necromant

Lightbulb using telnet

Well, it really just depends on what sort of things you're interested in and exactly what skills you have. I suggest you experiment with some free shell accounts like nether.net try out some *nix and/or linux see how you like it. It takes a little getting used to, but I like it. I think using a shell account is very different from using the real thing, too. So if you like *nix and/or linux, I suggest you shell out a little cash for a box. You don't have to spend much because they're so versatile, they run on pretty much anything!
    “People don’t talk about anything.” [Clarisse]
    “Oh, they must!” [Guy]
    “No, not anything. They name a lot of cars or clothes or swimming pools mostly and say how swell! But they all say the same things and nobody says anything different from anyone else. And most of the time in the cafes they have the joke-boxes on and the same jokes most of the time, or the musical wall lit and all the colored patterns running up and down, but it’s only color and all abstract. And at the museums, have you ever been? All abstract. That\'s all there is now...\"
    -A conversation with Clarrise McClellan and Guy Montag from Fahrenheit 451

Banned
    Well, it really just depends on what sort of things you're interested in and exactly what skills you have
    Check out his 'phreaking dialouts'-posting. That explains a lot...