Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: netBios scans

I'm soryr my friends, But ZoneAlarm Reins Supreme In the world of free firewalls

Zone alarm doesn't suck...

Ok, whoever says something sucks and leaves it at that is someone to pay little attention to.

Anyway, zone alarm is actually a very nice personal firewall, it does a great job of blocking incoming and OUTGOING problem packets or other .... the thing is an APPLICATION level firewall, not necessarily a bad thing at all.

Conseal PC firewall is very very good yes, but its also much harder to setup and figure out. ( you think that the people that are having trouble with zone alarm wont have trouble with conseal? gimme a break) I've been runing it for quite a while, since back before windows 98 went Gold. Anyway, obviously I dont use it anymore, but its still awesome, yes.

Zone alarm is a great firewall for beginner users, and it actually works very well as an application level firewall, which is something that conseal firewall is really NOT.

Anyway, take your pick, zone alarm is a good one, conseal is a good one, but two different types of systems from my point of view.
    Ricker
    <% response.right \"sometimes\" %>