Thread: Windows NT buffer overflow

Question Windows NT buffer overflow

i need to know all the holes in windows nt preferably in buffer overflow issues could you please list down all the holes and its available patches

for me i know the phonebook issue so if you can add anything please feel free to do so!
    the best
    there is
    there was
    there ever will be

Re: Windows NT buffer overflow

Originally posted by 5aboteur
    i need to know all the holes in windows nt
    hehe, you got a couple years?

Talking Decompile

I don't think you understand what you are asking.

I will take 5aboteur literally as SCRIPT KIDDIE.

HOW TO BE A REAL HACK.

You need to decompile NT and look at the source to find every security hole. Build your own patches.

Are you just interested in security...I doubt it but
    I believe as many as Microsoft wanted to fix were covered in security pack 5. They are no longer supporting NT in the same mannor due to the release of 2000.

<DONE>

Cool Tsk Tsk Tsk

hey there chris you are right in one thing but wrong in many things heheheheehee

what i am asking is that holes of nt that is already been found and there is an existing patch................got what i mean chris
    the best
    there is
    there was
    there ever will be

Banned
    That should be on the Microsoft-site, no?

The best there is there was there ever will be
    The best in what? In NT-holes and patches? You should apply for a job at MS...

Sheessshhhh

some people are so insecure to themselves ok maybe i have started the topic in a wrong way maybe i should try change it ok here it is

i need to know your opinion or advice about the windoze nt buffer overflow

so i think that this is clear enough for you guys ok
    the best
    there is
    there was
    there ever will be

Hey 5aboteur,

The best thing I would suggest if you are wanting to lock down your NT box is to update to service pack 6a and then search for all "post 6a" security patches on the Microsoft site, that should bring you up to speed. I would also look at the NSA recomended security peramaters for Windows NT. Even if you don't do everything it suggests you can see where most of the known problems lie. As for buffer overflows, any after market software you have that interacts with any network resources could be vulnrable to overflows. I would put some resources into tcp/ip filtering with NT and removing unneeded services. By the way....... Listing all known NT overflow vulnerbilities and their patches would probably cause a denial of service to this message board. Hope this helped out a bit.

oki doki

yeah thanks dude for the help
    you are right i may have been dumb asking all the holes of the windoze nt even bill gates cant even count them hehehehehe hail to the *nix
    the best
    there is
    there was
    there ever will be