Thread: IE and right click suppression

IE and right click suppression

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way around the right click suppression that most web pages today are incorporating. (Note* this inquiry is in no way for malicious purposes) There is this media file on a site that I visit frequently and you can't right click and "save target as", so instead you're forced to open it in windows media player (which by the way takes about 45 minutes for some reason...). I know that once you have opened it, you have the option from the windows media player to save the file to your hard drive or wherever you want, but I can't get it open. See the dillema? At any rate, if there is anyone who can help me out, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

-The Eeshman

To stop the right-click suppression, turn off javascript. You could also choose VIEW SOURCE from the menu options at the top of the screen, and find the item in the html source. If it's greyed out, it's a browser problem, blame your browser maker.

Didn't you already post a thread about this?
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Here are some more ways. From people that already responded to your question in another thread you posted.
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=217835
    Good luck and hope this helps.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Lightbulb

It's not a problem to know how to bypass this, it's quite simple.
    When you visit the site, make sure you disable Javascript in your browser settings.
    Then you will be able to right click without annoying pop ups etc.

Sometimes if you right click, then hold down both buttons while pressing OK. This will make your mouse move with the right click down. Then all you have to do is release over the desired object. But if that doesn't work. Just open up Netscape or IE and view their source. Copy and Paste to notepad, edit out the part (, or just highlight and delete...usually the second works more often ). Then change the extension of the .txt to .html or .htm. Then bam! You have yourself the website without that stupid restriction.
    Turning off Javascript is also a good idea, but it depends on the website being viewed. Some 'cool' functions may not work because of this. Just watch out.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Usually instead of turning java off I just hold down the left button and then click the right button while still holding down the left and then the menu comes up.
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!