Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mp3 sharing programs, post your thoughts here ...

I hate napster, and it's going down (that's what I heard). I am forever a metallica(and other heavy metal) fan, the least they coulda done was ask.

OK.. this is a ridiculous thread. I'm only going to contribute because I'm guilty of being jsut as ridiculous.

We're discussing the best and most reliable way to pirate music. It will always be the Napster client. Search, Chat, Browse, all functions built into the client. My problem is, the Naspter SERVICE blows. That would be why I use the Naspter client to connect to OpenNap servers. On average, there is about 175GB of ONLY MP3s online.. As opposed to Morpheus's stock pile of cheap third world country pr0n. Not to mention the reliability of knowing that you're 9 times out of 10, with a Napster client, you know you're getting a complete file. I would trade getting a complete file for "resume downloads" any day of week.. oh, and Morpheus uses KaZaZXK+Sgdsfkljg or whatever the hell you were talking about.. I see no superiority between that and good old OpenNap.
    Jason Parker - http://www.o-negative.net
    o-Negative: Information Network

I have found that if you really look hard enough, you can find any MP3 that you want, napster is cheating, and it is also low quality format.

Banned
    It will always be the Napster client. Search, Chat, Browse, all functions built into the client. My problem is, the Naspter SERVICE blows. That would be why I use the Naspter client to connect to OpenNap servers. On average, there is about 175GB of ONLY MP3s online.. As opposed to Morpheus's stock pile of cheap third world country pr0n. Not to mention the reliability of knowing that you're 9 times out of 10, with a Napster client, you know you're getting a complete file. I would trade getting a complete file for "resume downloads" any day of week.. oh, and Morpheus uses KaZaZXK+Sgdsfkljg or whatever the hell you were talking about.. I see no superiority between that and good old OpenNap.
    Morpheus is not using the KaZaZXK+Sgdsfkljg-technology, Parker. It uses the FastTrack P2P Stack. And so does KaZaA. WinMX lets you connect to the OpenNap-network, and it does support resumed downloads. And Morpheus has an average of 560 GB of ONLY MP3s.
    And about the third world country p0rn: there's some options in Morpheus: Audio, Video, Images, Documents and Software. Don't click the Video option, and you won't get third world country p0rn. You're like those guys complaining they stumbled upon extreme hardcore trying to find an 'Extreme' song (the band, that is). Don't blame the messenger, blame the message.
    What's a third world country anyways? Any country besides the US?

..wow, you are here to flame aren't you? We'll finish this is more fast paced discussion forum..

I'll be seeing you on irc.antionline.com, in #Antionline of course..
    Jason Parker - http://www.o-negative.net
    o-Negative: Information Network

Shmoo

Banned

AUDIO galaxy

i have used many mp3 sharing programs but i find if you look for a site that allows free downloads like mp3.com you can find some music not all but sometimes you can find the one you want and their all good quality..

Thumbs up Morpheous

Music City has a product on their site that has worked awesome for me. I have heard of a few people having problems installing, but none here. More importantly, there is absolutely NO SPYWARE in the package.

Once I got used to the interface, I could grab files more effectively than Napster and I should add the program searches for more than MP3s; pics, video, and programs also.

Music City

Has any of you used hotline client ?
    i recently installed it and i have no idea how it works it is way to complicated for my taste.... anyone who can explain the basics to me -thanks-
    Smile ... tomorrow will be worse

KaZaA

It seems that everyone had their own opinion on this subject....

I must sat that i've tried most of the good ones,
    Imesh, Morpheus, Winmx, KaZaA

I would say that it is defiently the fastest, most reliable on the bunch.

It's introduction of "Super-Nodes" helps alot, the fact that you can select what type of media your looking for, and the fact that it simultaneously downloads from multiple users.

KaZaA is great.
    I still find myself listening to alot of cd's though...

I have found that if you really look hard enough, you can find any MP3 that you want, napster is cheating, and it is also low quality format
    Napster is not cheating. Its still stealing music, just the same.
    It's defiently not low-quality format.
    I dont know where you heard that.
    A 128kbps mp3 is of equal quality to a wav/ cdda file.
    I wouldnt be really worried about format anyways, that is, if your using computer speakers (the stupidest creation on the planet).

I'm not flaming, im just stating my opinion. No-offence intended.

-8trak
    F0 0F C7 C8