Thread: Cheap Marketing - Talks !

Cheap Marketing - Talks !

Windows and Security ! Nonsense ! Forget all the Security - measures !

Your PC is sending like a Radio - Station ! A little low - end - equipment and you can display the Monitor's content up to 20 or 30 meters away from it..........

It doesn't matter what you try, you will never see through what MS did program and they won't tell you. So do you really think NSA would accept a SECURE OS on Millions of Computers worldwide ?? They need theyr "hints" to watch the Users and they force Companies like MS to coopoerate.

That's why they don't like LINUX, it's a complete open Structure and someone might be able to setup a nearly 99% secure System.

The Problem is not the unsecure Computer, the Problem is the Person who want's to get informations without permission.

Someone said : If there's a lock, there is a Key.

And that's the truth !

Yodha

Banned

Wink

Your PC is sending like a Radio - Station ! A little low - end - equipment and you can display the Monitor's content up to 20 or 30 meters away from it..........
    And they can't do this to *NIX machines? I'd suggest they start using telescopes.
    And that's the truth !
    Eum, why should every lock have a key? You can have a lock manufactured without a key, too, you know... (Pretty stupid, I know)

Talking MY TURN

Originally posted by Yodha

That's why they don't like LINUX, it's a complete open Structure and someone might be able to setup a nearly 99% secure System.
    And thus you defend your argument by debunking your argument. Great...Every tried Prozac. You will know your are screwed up but won't care!

Post Re: Cheap Marketing - Talks !

Two sides of the coin here. You have open-source then problems can be fixed quickly when found. You have the whole world to help. Some people argue that having the source makes those "people" with bad intentions easier to find a weakness. Closed-source like Micro$oft argue that when no one has the source, it's harder find vulnerabilities in the software (which we all know better), but you do have to see the logic behind this. If the US had a missle launcher that works very well at tracking planes, shooting them down, etc. Then the enemy gets a hold of one of those launchers with the original code that runs it, which do you think would be an easier way of finding out what defeats that missle launcher? I have the hardware, but I don't know how it really works or I have the hardware and software and I noticed a bug in the source to where it doesn't fire at targets below 15 degrees. That is where people get paranoid about open-source in my opinion. Remember that people fear what they don't understand.

Originally posted by Yodha
    Windows and Security ! Nonsense ! Forget all the Security - measures !

It doesn't matter what you try, you will never see through what MS did program and they won't tell you. So do you really think NSA would accept a SECURE OS on Millions of Computers worldwide ?? They need theyr "hints" to watch the Users and they force Companies like MS to coopoerate.

The Problem is not the unsecure Computer, the Problem is the Person who want's to get informations without permission.

And that's the truth !

Yodha

Arrow Whoa Whoa Whoa...

Now I know kightmb was just making an example, but for those who might have read it incorrectly: Nobody in their right mind has ever suggested that open source is for everything. Linus Torvalds, Richard Stallman, etc. have all stated that closed source is more appropriate in some cases (like a very proprietary and top secret program like a rocket launcher). Why wouldn't open source work? There aren't too many rogue programmers out there who would be interested in (heh - let alone have the hardware to test) something like that.

When deciding on open vs closed source, you have to weigh (among other things) whether there will be enough programmers on your side improving the source than those who will scour the source just looking for vulnerabilities to exploit.
    \"If you torture the data enough, it will confess.\" --Ronald Coase