Thread: NeoWatch Software

Question NeoWatch Software

Does anyone know of any Vulnerabilities for the NeoWatch firewall? I've tested it out many times on http://scan.sygatetech.com and it passed every test they have. If you know of any known problems with this firewall, please tell me. Thanks.

Unhappy Neo Watch and Neo Trace

I recently downloaded NeoTrace and NeoWatch.......I am thoroughly confused. The only thing I know is I get alerts all the time for port 80. Makes me nervous. Probably because I dont' know what I am doing yet. Just learning all about this stuff. Does anyone know a source of good information to find out about Ports on my computer .....so I can have a better understanding of what these probes are doing. Thanks
    Knowledge is Power and Power is Knowledge used Correctly

Banned
    Here's a link Kapperdog came up with in another thread.

The port 80 alerts could be the result of Code Red worm knocking on the door. If you're not running a server, I wouldn't worry about it.

Cool

So far I have came up with no vulnerabilities for this firewall. Seems pretty secure to me. I think I'll stick with it for now. Negative, check out this link and tell me what you think of it.

thanks for info

The port 80 alerts could be the result of Code Red worm knocking on the door. If you're not running a server, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Thanks..that settled a question for me too...
    Had been getting about 8 probes on port 80 a day and thought zonealarm had got a bug...If i think back to when alerts started ,it was when code red was released.

A little reading makes things more clearer

Banned
    Negative, check out this link and tell me what you think of it.
    Honey Pot! I love honey pots!

A few remarks, though...

- Honey pots aren't that interesting if you're a home user. (Well, maybe they are if you like to play around).
    - They eat memory.
    - This one's rather expensive!
    - It needs to be installed OUTSIDE your firewall (or in your Demilitarized Zone --> doesn't apply to ZoneAlarm).

There's some free honey pots out there, too!

Netbuster to fool Netbus-users.

Tambu UDP Scrambler (don't know if this one's still supported - there's some other usefull stuff on Xploiter, too): to flood hackers.

I can't stress this enough: honey pots do not provide actual protection, there only aim is to fool hackers who try to fool you.

There's some free honey pots out there, too!

Netbuster to fool Netbus-users.
    Uhm... Don't use that. I'm not sure of the truthfulness of this information, but I believe it... The Netbuster creator put in two special functions. Someone can wipe your drive with it, or just shut down your computer. This was from some #NoHack (Dalnet) guys, when I used to help out there. (It was painful. "<IDIOTUSER> ithink i have a vrus, what cann i do to make it go away?")
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Banned
    This is what the author of Netbus says:

'Rumours says that NetBuster is a fake and that is has a backdoor so that people can access your computer. These rumours are nothing but rumours. However, the error-handling in NetBuster is far from bug-free so it is possible to crash using the right program.'

Don't know what to believe anymore... ;-)

Anyway, here's a link from SANS dealing with honey pots...

Arrow firewalls seem to be a hot topic nowadays

Alltough I wouldn't ever change from my own private little firewall "ATGuard" just to see what's gooing on. I advise everyone to let a little proggy named Retina do a scan on your system and fix what turns up; you'll be more than Hack-proof!