Thread: Single Sign-On (SSO) Purchase and Implement

Single Sign-On (SSO) Purchase and Implement

My company asked me to purchase and implement Single sign-on (SSO), I have limit knowledge about that , what is the best advice ? which product should we purchase for this purpose ?

Our platform is Microsoft, serves are hp, network devices are cisco (switch, router, PIX, ISD, etc)

Regards

but you need SSO for what? MS only? or you have another platform and/or applications? Please list all
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

MS only?
    No, not only MS, I have got an applications that use ASP.NET
    another applications that use Java and DB2

or you have another platform
    i have got only window platforms.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Regards

IF you dont want to touch application code, you can take a look on BMC software, CA (Computer Associates), IBM and SUN.
    Take a look on features on each of these and see what you really need.
    I suggest you start on BMC site (www.bmc.com). Im not sure but i think the BMC product name is "proxima" or something like that. You can find a lot of papers there to see what they think is good...
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

One more thing to consider is what does SSO mean? In my workplace we have SSO but it is not integrated with the windows password. Technically, I have 2 logon twice. Once to XP and once to the SSO client. The SSO client then proides access to all backend systems of which there are many. Note I am not bothered by this but at another shop I worked at the CIO at the time wanted what she called true SSO (the client must be integrated into the windows logon). You should find out if that is required.
    Cheers,
    D
    If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked. What\'s more, you deserve to be hacked.
    -- former White House cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke

Single Sign On... I used that when I worked for Verizon, I couldn't stand it.

suggest you start on BMC site
    Thanks i will through it.

The SSO client then proides access to all backend systems of which there are many.
    Exactly this what I am looking for.

We have got RADUIS server , and it can provide CAS (Central Authentication Service).

Isn't CAS same as SSO ?

Regards

Technology is not the answer. it is part of a holistic solution. you should be looking at things like: Access and Identity Management Databases and other data stores. Are they federated and do you have a s.p.o.t. (single point of truth). Is it multi-disciplinary? Is H.R, finance and other departments involved? Why is it being done? You will end up having an IT issue instead of a business solution. expectations need to be managed. i suggest u contact ibm, computer associates and the like, even micro$oft to help. this should be a process, the technology only approach may fail and with it, u. radius tacacs pam ldap active and e-dir are delivery mechanisms not a holistic solution on its own.
    HO$H Pagamisa. Pro Amour Ludi....