Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to Terroize a telemarketer

I have these telemarketers calling me all the time asking me if I want to refinance my home I say to them "Really? You're going to let me refinance my in-laws house? That's cool!" and they hang up on me..heheh....Or all time favorite is the telemarketer who called and wanted to sell me replacement windows. I asked them "Are you real quiet while replacing them?" "why" they ask "because I don't want my in-laws to find out I replaced their windows in their home!"

well when telemarketers call me in the office or at home i just ask them is this call going to make me money with out me investing some ? they answer no and try to explaind and i just say ok if it doesn't going to make me money bye bye LOL

Originally posted here by allenb1963
    Go to WalMart, buy one of those portable air-powered boat horns with a 5 mile range, place it next to the mouthpiece and push the button.....THATS how to terrorize a telemarketer.
    Haha, I actually did this one time, my husband and I have a boat, and we keep an airhorn on the boat, and we had just got done "winterizing" the boat...cleaning it out and covering it, etc. I just happened to have the air horn sitting on the counter next to the phone when it rang, and so I let them talk for a minute, long enough to get into their spiel, and then let loose w/ it. Gave it a good honk, 10-15 seconds, and when I put the phone back up to my ear, it was a dial-tone Guess it worked, that particular company has never called me back afaik.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Debs :: you need to be carefull tho with that cause I know in most companys all calls are digitally recorded (thats why within the first 3 mins in the uk they must inform you that the "call may be recorded and monitored for traing purposes and your peace of mind" - lol
    and if you had caused injury to the caller in the Uk they could actually sue for it - dont know about the legislation in the US but I think they prolly could as well

v_Ln

no no no...when telemarketers call you gotta try to sell them somthing!...or .. sya that you work for that same componey...or .. ask tem how there day is going..then tell them you are wearing new socks..and if they hang up one you..thats when you call there boss and complain!

How about this?

Telemarketer> Hello, my I please speak to Mrs. X?
    Me> I'm sorry, she passed away last year.
    Telemarketer> Oh. Sorry to hear that. Is Mr. X home?
    Me> No, I'm sorry, he's in jail.

or

Telemarketer> Hello, this is green lawn care, wonderig if you would like your lawn fertilized this year?
    Me> No, I'm sorry, our lawn burned down last year.

Those are my favorites. My brother actually came up with them. I still use them whenever I can. They never stop being funny.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

our lawn burned down?...LOL!
    ide like to see that

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    This is why women will never be understood by men......... (and it's on topic..... )

My name isn't difficult, really.... If you can read English it's really rather simple..... but for some reason the bleeding "jellymarkerters" seem to have no end of trouble getting their illiterate tongues around it..... So converstions used to go like this:-

[Me] Hello
    [Them] Is Mr {my name completely mangled} there please......
    [Me] Well, with that pronunciaton you have no F***ing clue who you are calling do you?
    [Them] Er...... No, I don't....
    [Me] Then before you _ever_ call this f***ing number again learn to read plain f**ing English and get my f***ing name right..... OK?
    [Them] Er... I'm sorr.....
    [Me] SLAM..... (Phone going down).....

Now, to my dearly beloved that was quite acceptable..... Nothing was ever said on the hundreds of occasions I did that to the "jellymarketer".....

Well.... I changed my tactics..... For a giggle and to make their job a little more.... er.... Time consuming..... So the conversation would go like this:-

[Me] Hello
    [Them] Is Mr {my name completely mangled} there please......
    [Me] Yes.... Er.... Can you hang on a second please....
    [Them] Certainly Sir....
    [Me] Cool...... One sec.... (place phone down on the counter and walk away and carry on with what I was doing...... Come back later and see if the "beep, beep, beep" is going indicating that they have hung up...... Repeat process until "beep, beep, beep" is heard.... hang up phone.....

Now, from the first time I did this I get 5 minutes "earache" from the dearly beloved re: how rude that is of me.......

Now. correct me if I am wrong but scenario one was aggressive, abusive, rude and obnoxious. In scenario 2 I am polite, respectful and kind......

So can any of you "girlies" out there explain why scenario 2 is so much worse than scenario 1?????
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Regal Making Handler
    I don't no what the young lady was selling but she asked my mother some very personel questions, my mother very politly said i think you should talk to one of my sons. My brother who was 16/17 at the time did not know why the phone was being passed to him but exepted the reciever and listend to a women asking how often do you have sex, etc etc.

After about 30 seconds of him saying how he liked to involve a dog and horse or 2 she hung up. How many people can say they have descusted a perv caller. LOL
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

u r surely having lot of exp.
    Sometimes realitys are dreams we cannot live in.... (as my bst fren says) [/shadow]