Thread: Forensic Company Hacked

Forensic Company Hacked

HI THIS IS MY FIRST POST ON HERE HAVE BEEN READING FOR A WHILE BEFORE I POSTED HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS ARTICLE YET ITS KIND OF INTERESTING
    http://www.channelregister.co.uk/200...curity_breach/

WELCOME TO AO

AS YOU MIGHT SEE yelling all post long looks like crap..

Also people might start discussion on the topic off the link sooner if you paste a snippet of it or if you give your own opinion about it..
    And not just state that it is 'kind of interesting'.

To get back on topic of the approximately 3,800 credit card numbers they leaked, it's not good for their name.
    Also the increse in these kind of leaks seems to me to indicate that the credit card system might need an overhaul (atleast for web based transactions).
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

sorry i accidentally hit the caps lock and didnt realize it until after i posted it but thanks for the tips like i said my first post and wasnt sure how to post it and didnt see anything like it on the site

quotes

In a letter sent out last week, Guidance warned its customers that a November attack on its databases might have exposed details of its approximately 3,800 credit cards. Guidance stored customer credit details on an unencrypted database along with card value verification (CVV) numbers, a violation of merchant guidelines issued by both Visa and Mastercard. The names, addresses and telephone numbers of clients were also exposed.

"""This certainly highlights the fact that intrusions can happen to anybody and that nobody should be complacent about security," Colbert said. California-based Guidance Software was obliged to disclose the attack under the state's information security disclosure laws. News of the breach has prompted tough questions about why Guidance violated basic security guidelines on the processing of credit card details. The firm touts its ability of its EnCase software to merge computer forensics analysis with incident response yet it took it almost two weeks to detect an attack on its own systems. ""

anyone know why a security company would do something as unsecure as store than information unsecured like ? i agree with you the_jinx they need to find a better way to store that information and maybe audit the machines to make sure your information isnt so easy to get to

Did you read the article from washingtonpost.com Hackers Break Into Computer-Security Firm's Customer Database that the article liked to where it said that the LexisNexis attack was launched from hacked police department computers?

And you were saying?
    " And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be" --Miguel Cervantes

Secret Service and FBI customers were among those whose information was included in the hacked database, Colbert said, but he declined to say whether credit card information belonging to those agencies was compromised.
    I'm not saying it did happen, but I'm not saying it didn't happen.. Damnit just say something or STFU...

Well anyhow.. I'm still glad I don't do CC transactions at all..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

forensic company hacked

inside jobs are the BEST...